
度假還是出差?
Laura is traveling in New York City. She is taking a taxi to the airport.
蘿拉正在紐約旅行。她正要搭計程車前往機場。
travel(v.)(n.)旅行airport(n.)機場
Laura: Hi, I need to go to JFK Airport, Terminal 4, please.
蘿拉:嗨,我要去甘迺迪機場,4號航廈,麻煩你。
terminal(n.)航廈、終點站(adj.)末期的terminal cancer末期癌症
Taxi Driver: Sure thing. Traffic is a bit heavy today, so it might take a little longer than usual.
計程車司機:沒問題。今天交通有點堵,可能需要比平常更久一點的時間。
sure thing沒問題、當然=of course=no problemtraffic(n.)交通(情況)、車流traffic jam塞車=traffic congestiontake(v.)(花費)時間
Laura: No problem. I have plenty of time before my flight. Thanks for letting me know.
蘿拉:沒問題。我在飛行前還有很多的時間。謝謝你告訴我。
plenty of 很多的=a lot of
Taxi Driver: Are you here for holiday or business?
計程車司機:你是來度假還是出差的呢?
for(prep.)為了holiday(n.)休假;假期business(n.)商務活動;出差
Laura: I’m going back home after a short vacation.
蘿拉:我來度假一陣子結束要回家了。
vacation(n.)假期、度假
Taxi Driver: There’s no place like home, right?
計程車司機:還是自己的家好,對吧?
like(prep.)像;像是
Laura: Yes, New York City is great, but it’s nice to get back home.
蘿拉:對啊,紐約市很棒,但回家真好。
get back home回家=go back home
(after 30 minutes)
(30分鐘後)
minute(n.)分鐘
Taxi Driver: Alright, here we are at JFK Airport, Terminal 4. That’s 45 dollars.
計程車司機:好的,我們到甘迺迪機場4號航廈了。一共是45元。
dollar(n.)元
Laura: Great, thanks. Keep the change.
蘿拉:太好了,謝謝你。零錢不用找了。
keep the change零錢不用找了
Taxi Driver: Thank you. Have a safe journey home.
計程車司機:謝謝你。回家旅途平安。
have a safe journey旅途平安