
橫掃4項大獎
Nathan and Amber are friends. They are chatting.
奈森和安柏是朋友。他們在聊天。
Amber: Did you watch the Golden Melody Award live broadcast last night?
安柏:你昨晚看金曲獎直播了嗎?
live(adj.)實況(轉播)broadcast(n.)節目播送
Nathan: Of course. I watched the entire show.
奈森:當然。我整場都看完了。
entire(adj.)整個的
Amber: Then you must have felt happy when Tanya Chua swept all the major awards.
安柏:那當蔡健雅橫掃各主要獎項時你一定很開心。
Nathan: I was screaming at the time. I’m a big fan of hers.
奈森:我當時都尖叫出來了。我是她的大粉絲。
scream(v.)尖叫a fan of someone’s=某個人的粉絲
Amber: I know that her music is amazing. But four awards? That’s a record!
安柏:我知道她的音樂很棒。但四個獎項?這可是個紀錄了!
amazing(adj.)令人驚豔的record(n.)紀錄record(v.)記錄
Nathan: And she even became the first four-time winner of the Best Mandarin Female Singer category in the history of the GMA so far.
奈森:她甚至成為金曲獎目前歷史上第一位四次最佳華語女歌手贏家。
become(v.)成為category(n.) 類別so far=截至目前
Amber: Yeah. She won one after another award with her album “DEPART” last night.
安柏:是啊,她昨晚靠著專輯《DEPART》拿了一個又一個獎項。
one after another=一個接一個album(n.)專輯
Nathan: I think it’s a great album.
奈森:那真的是張好專輯。
Amber: I can’t agree more.
安柏:我再同意不過了。
Nathan: Watching her give her speech on the stage made me so proud.
奈森:看她在舞台上發表感言時讓我好驕傲。
give one’s speech=發表演說proud(adj.)驕傲的
Amber: I feel you. These awards don’t come easily.
安柏:我也有同感。這些獎項得來不易。
don’t come easily=得來不易
Nathan: Exactly. She started out as a new singer from Singapore and now has become a famous musician, but her love for music is still the same.
奈森:沒錯。她一開始只是個新加坡來的新人歌手,而現在已經成為一位有名的音樂人。但她對音樂的喜愛還是不變。
start out=起初為musician(n.)音樂家