
又快又便宜
Amy and Kevin are planning to go on a trip.
艾咪和凱文正在計劃要去旅行。
plan(v.)計劃、規劃go on a trip去旅行
Amy: We’re going to Taitung next month. Let’s book our transport.
艾咪:我們下個月要去台東,來訂車票吧!
next(adj.)下一個的month(n.)月、月份let(v.)讓let’s=let usbook(v.)預訂、預約
Kevin: Alright. How shall we get there?
凱文:好啊,我們要怎麼去呢?
alright(adv.)可以、好的shall(aux.)將、會get(v.)到達there(adv.)那裡、在那裡
Amy: Let’s fly. Taking a plane is the fastest way to get anywhere. It’s much faster than the bus.
艾咪:搭飛機吧!搭飛機是到達任何地方最快的方式;它比公車快多了!
fly(v.)飛行、搭飛機去take(v.)搭乘plane(n.)飛機fast(adj.)快的way(n.)方法、方式anywhere(adv.)任何地方much(det.)多的than(prep.)比bus(n.)公車
Kevin: Yes, but it is also the most expensive. Let’s think of some cheaper ways.
凱文:是啊,但它也是最貴的。我們想一些更便宜的方式吧!
but(conj.)但是also(adv.)也most(adv.)最expensive(n.)貴的、昂貴的think(v.)思考some(det.)一些cheap(adj.)便宜
Amy: Well, the cheapest way to get there is the local bus, but that’s also the slowest.
艾咪:到那裡最便宜的方法是當地的公車,但那也是最慢的。
local(adj.)當地的、本地的slow(adj.)慢的、緩慢的
Kevin: You’re right. Our journey will take much longer if we go there by bus.
凱文:說得對;如果搭公車去,我們的旅程會花更久的時間。
right(adj.)對的、正確的journey(n.)旅行、行程take(v.)花費long(adv.)長地、長久地if(conj.)假如、如果
Amy: Here’s an idea. Why don’t we borrow my friend’s car? That would be cheaper than flying and faster than the bus.
艾咪:這裡有個主意:我們何不借我朋友的車呢?那會比搭飛機更便宜,而且比公車更快。
here(adv.)這裡、在這裡idea(n.)主意、想法borrow(v.)借friend(n.)朋友would(aux.)將、會
Kevin: Plus we can stop wherever we like along the way. Let’s do that.
凱文:另外,沿途我們可以停在任何我們喜歡的地方!就這麼做吧!
plus(conj.)而且、加上stop(v.)停止、停下wherever(adv.)無論何處along(prep.)沿著、循著way(n.)路、道路
Amy: Perfect. I’ll ring my friend now.
艾咪:完美!我現在打電話給我朋友!
perfect(adj.)完美的ring(v.)打電話now(adv.)現在