
端午節快到了
Rob is talking to Rhea.
羅伯正在和瑞亞說話。
be Ving 現在進行式(正在…)
Rob: The Dragon Boat Festival is just around the corner. Any plans?
羅伯:端午節快到了,有什麼計畫嗎?
(just) around the corner不遠、就在附近、即將來臨
Rhea: Well, I have to help my mom make rice dumplings and get ready for the religious festival.
瑞亞:嗯,我必須幫我媽包粽子,準備拜拜過節。
get ready for準備…religious(adj.)宗教的、宗教上的festival(n.)節日、節期
Rob: Speaking of rice dumplings, what’s the stuffing inside the dumplings you make?
羅伯:說到粽子,你們包的粽子,使用什麼餡料呢?
speaking of說到…=when it comes tostuffing(n.)餡料
Rhea: My family usually adds pork, peanuts, egg yolk, mushrooms and some small dried shrimps.
瑞亞:我們有豬肉、花生、蛋黃、香菇和乾燥蝦米。
add(v.)添加yolk(n.)蛋黃dried(adj.)乾燥的shrimp(n.)蝦子
Rob: Our ingredients are pretty much the same as yours, but we usually boil the dumplings after wrapping all the ingredients in the bamboo leaves.
羅伯:我們的材料和你們的大致上差不多,但我們通常把所有材料包進粽葉之後才會將粽子用水煮熟。
ingredient(n.)材料pretty much幾乎、差不多=almostyours(pron.)你的=your ingredientsboil(v.)煮沸、沸騰wrap(v.)包、裹bamboo leaf竹葉、粽葉
Rhea: Interesting. I forgot to mention that we fry the glutinous rice first before wrapping it in the bamboo leaves. After that, we put the dumplings in the steamer.
瑞亞:真有趣!我忘記說我們在把糯米包進粽葉裡之前,會先炒過糯米,之後才將粽子蒸熟。
forget(v.)忘記mention(v.)提及、說到fry(v.)煎、炒、炸glutinous rice糯米steamer(n.)蒸籠、蒸鍋
Rob: I see. Our rice dumplings taste a bit sweet since we also use thick soy sauce and peanut powder.
羅伯:我瞭解了。我們會淋上醬油膏和花生粉,所以粽子吃起來有點甜甜的。
see(v.)了解、明白=understandtaste(v.)吃起來a bit稍微、有點=a littlesince(conj.)因為=becausethick(adj.)濃的、稠的powder(n.)粉、粉末
Rhea: Ours taste salty and a little spicy because we use chili sauce.
瑞亞:我們是加甜辣醬,口味是鹹的帶點辣。
salty(adj.)鹹的spicy(adj.)辣的chili sauce辣椒醬、甜辣醬