
頭髮長得像拖把
Charlie and Connie are talking about hair.
查理和康妮正在聊頭髮。
hair(n.)頭髮
Connie: Hey Charlie, what’s up?
康妮:嘿,查理,最近在幹嘛?
Charlie: Not much. Where have you been?
查理:沒幹嘛啊;妳去哪裡了嗎?
Connie: I was just in the salon. I got a haircut.
康妮:我只是在沙龍,去剪頭髮。
salon(n.)美容院、美髮廳
Charlie: Yeah, I noticed. You look great with short hair.
查理:沒錯,我注意到了!妳短髮看起來很棒!
yeah(adv.)是的、沒錯notice(v.)注意到、看到look(v.)看起來great(adj.)極好的short(adj.)短的
Connie: Really? I’m not sure about it actually. I think the hairdresser cut too much of it off at the back.
康妮:真的嗎?事實上我不太確定耶!我覺得髮型師後面剪掉太多了。
really(excl.)真的、是嗎sure(adj.)確定的、肯定的actually(adv.)實際上、事實上think(v.)覺得hairdresser(n.)美髮師、理髮師cut(v.)剪、切、割too(adv.)太much(det.)多的、大量的off(adv.)去掉、除掉back(n.)後面、背面
Charlie: No, I think he did it just right. Just chill Connie. You look great. It’s good to try out different styles anyway.
查理:不會,我覺得他剪得剛剛好。冷靜冷靜,康妮,妳看起來很棒的。無論如何嘗試新風格總是好的。
just(adv.)正好、只是、僅僅right(adv.)對地chill(v.)冷卻、使變冷try sth. out嘗試…different(adj.)不同的style(n.)風格、造型anyway(adv.)不管怎樣、無論如何
Connie: I guess you’re right. Also it’s only hair. It will grow back!
康妮:我猜你是對的;而且它只是頭髮,會長回來的!
guess(v.)猜、猜測right(adj.)對的also(adv.)而且only(adv.)只是grow(v.)生長back(adv.)恢復原狀、回到以前
Charlie: Come to think of it, I should really get my hair cut as well.
查理:這麼想來,我的確也該要去剪頭髮了耶!
come to think of it這麼一想should(aux.)應該really(adv.)確實、的確get(v.)變成、被cut(v.)剪、切、割as well也
Connie: Yeah, sorry man, you really should. Your hair is so long. You look like a mop!
康妮:是啊,抱歉老兄,你真的應該要。你頭髮好長,看起來像隻拖把!
sorry(adj.)抱歉的man(n.)老兄、朋友so(adv.)非常、很long(adj.)長的mop(n.)拖把
Charlie: I hate to admit it, but you’re right.
查理:我不想承認,但妳是對的。
hate(v.)厭惡、憎恨admit(v.)承認but(conj.)但是