
聊新工作
Lisa and Owen used to be coworkers. Owen is at a new job now.
麗莎與歐文之前是同事,歐文現在有新的工作。
used to過去曾經coworker(n.)同事now(adv.)現在
Lisa: Hey! How have you been?
麗莎:嘿!你近來好嗎?
Owen: Not bad.
歐文:還不錯。
Lisa: I heard that you have a new job now.
麗莎:我聽說你現在有新工作了。
hear(v.)聽說
Owen: Yes, I do. I am a proofreader now.
歐文:是啊!我現在是校稿者。
proofreader(n.)校稿者
Lisa: What does a proofreader do?
麗莎:校稿者在做什麼呢?
Owen: I find and correct mistakes in written text before it is printed or published.
歐文:在文章印製或出版之前,我找出錯誤並糾正它。
find(v.)發現,找出correct(v.)改正mistake(n.)錯誤written(adj.)書面的text(n.)內文before(conj.)在……之前print(v.)印,印刷publish(v.)出版,公佈,發表
Lisa: What qualities does a proofreader need to have?
麗莎:校稿者必須具備什麼特質呢?
quality(n.)特質need(v.)需要
Owen: I think it’s important to be careful, and I have to be patient as well.
歐文:我覺得最重要的是要細心,而且我也必須要有耐性。
think(v.)想,認為important(adj.)重要的careful(adj.)仔細的,小心的patient(adj.)有耐心的as well也
Lisa: It seems to be hard work.
麗莎:它似乎是個費力的工作。
seem(v.)似乎hard(adj.)費力的,困難的work(n.)工作
Owen: Haha! I even proofread in my dreams!
歐文:哈哈!我甚至連在夢中都在校稿呢!
even(adv.)甚至proofread(v.)校稿dream(n.)夢,睡夢