
改走樓梯吧!
Mark and Claire want to take the elevator, but something is wrong.
馬克和克萊兒想要搭電梯,但有點不太對勁。
wrong(adj.)錯的;不對勁的
Mark: Why isn’t the button working?
馬克:為什麼按鈕沒有反應?
sth is not working=無法運作;沒有發揮作用
Claire: There is a notice on the door. What does it say?
克萊兒:門上有張告示。上面寫了什麼?
notice(n.)告示
Mark: Out of order? No way.
馬克:故障中?不會吧。
No way=不會吧
Claire: Oh no. I’m almost late for work.
克萊兒:不,我上班快要遲到了。
almost(adv.)幾乎
Mark: I’m in a rush, too.
馬克:我也在趕時間。
rush(n.)匆忙
Claire: Where is your office?
克萊兒:你的辦公室在哪?
office(n.)辦公室
Mark: My office is on the fourth floor.
馬克:我辦公室在四樓。
floor(n.)樓層
Claire: Mine is on the third floor.
克萊兒:我的在三樓。
mine=所有格代名詞
Mark: Should we take the stairs?
馬克:我們該走樓梯嗎?
should(adv.)應該
Claire: I think so. There is no other way.
克萊兒:我想是的。沒有其他方法了。
other=其他的