
下次我會做更好
Jonathan and Nancy are classmates. They just took a math test.
強納森和南希是同學。他們剛剛有數學考試。
take a test考試math數學
Nancy: Why the long face, Jonathan?
南希:強納森,為什麼不開心呢?
long face苦瓜臉
Jonathan: I took the L on that test.
強納森:這次考試我完全搞砸了。
Nancy: Really? We knew about that test last week.
南希:真假?上週就宣布要考試了欸。
know about sth.知道
Jonathan: Well, I didn’t study at all last night.
強納森:嗯,我昨晚根本沒有念書。
study(v.)念書、not at all一點也不
Nancy: You saw this coming, then.
南希:你早就知道會考壞了吧。
see sth. coming有預期
Jonathan: I know. What should I say to my mom?
強納森:我知道。我該對我媽說什麼啊?
Nancy: Just come clean and do better next time.
南希:就把事實說出來,然後說你下次會做得更好。
come clean從實招來
Jonathan: That’s straightforward.
強納森:這麼直接簡單。
straightforward直來直往、簡單明瞭
Nancy: Trust me. It is the best way.
南希:相信我。這是最好的辦法。
way(n.)方法
Jonathan: Alright. Thanks.
強納森:好。謝謝。