
冰箱上的時間表
Emma and Jack are roommates. They’re discussing whose turn it is to take out the garbage.
艾瑪和傑克是室友。他們正在討論輪到誰丟垃圾。
discuss(v.)討論turn(n.)輪流take turns to VR輪流做...
Emma: Jack, the garbage is full again.
艾瑪:傑克,垃圾又滿了。
full(adj.)滿的
Jack: Oh, you’re right. Whose turn is it to take it out?
傑克:喔,你說得對。輪到誰丟呢?
Emma: Last time, I did it, so it’s your turn now.
艾瑪:上次我丟的,所以這次輪到你了。
did=take out
Jack: Are you sure? I think I did it.
傑克:你確定嗎?我記得是我丟的。
I did it=I took the garbage out
Emma: No, I’m pretty sure it was me. I remember taking the heavy bag outside.
艾瑪:不,我很確定是我。我記得把那個沈重的袋子給拿出去了。
pretty(adv.)很、相當(adj.)漂亮的heavy(adj.)重的light(adj.)輕的
Jack: Well, I think I threw away the garbage the other day, so it should be your turn now.
傑克:嗯,我記得我幾天前丟過垃圾,所以這次應該輪到你了。
throw away丟掉=toss awaythe other day前幾天;幾天前
Emma: Actually, I’m very tired today, so it would be great if you could do it this time.
艾瑪:其實我今天很累,如果你能幫忙丟一次,那就太好了。
actually事實上=in factit would be great if you could...如果你能...那就太好了
Jack: Okay, I will take it out this time, but let’s put a schedule up on the fridge so that we can see whose turn it is next time.
傑克:好吧,這次我來丟,但我們在冰箱上放個時間表,這樣下次就能知道輪到誰了。
it=the garbageschedule(n.)時間表so that...以便...;如此一來就...
Emma: Good idea. That will be fair.
艾瑪:好主意,這樣就公平了。
fair(adj.)公平的to be fair說句公道話