
偷偷收留流浪貓
Tammy and Mitch are roommates. Tammy took in a stray cat.
泰咪和米奇是室友。泰咪收留了一隻流浪貓。
stray animal流浪動物
Tammy: I need a favor.
泰咪:我需要你幫我個忙。
favor(n.)一個忙、do sb. a favor
Mitch: What is it?
米奇:怎麼了?
Tammy: I took in a stray cat last night.
泰咪:我昨晚帶了一隻流浪貓回家。
last night昨晚
Mitch: That was the noise I heard! Where is it now?
米奇:我有聽到聲音!貓咪現在在哪裡?
noise(n.)噪音、noisy(adj.)吵雜的hear-heard(v.)聽到
Tammy: On the balcony.
泰咪:在陽台。
balcony陽台
Mitch: The landlord will not be happy when he finds out.
米奇:房東知道後不會高興的。
landlord(n.)房東、tenant(n.)房客find out發現事情
Tammy: That’s the favor I want to ask. I don’t have the guts to tell him.
泰咪:所以要你幫忙,我沒有勇氣告訴他這件事情。
have the guts to do sth.敢去做某事、gut(n.)腸子、膽識tell(v.)告訴
Mitch: Do you want me to give him bad news?
米奇:你想讓我告訴他這個壞消息?
bad news壞消息、a piece of news一則消息
Tammy: He is a scary man.
泰咪:他是個可怕的人。
scary(adj.)可怕的
Mitch: He is. Alright, I’ll think of something.
米奇:他的確是。好啦,我來想想看一些說法。
think of想到、想出辦法