
哭鬧不止怎麼辦?
Ollie and Ivy are friends. They are talking on the phone.
歐利和艾薇是朋友。他們正在講電話。
Ollie: Ivy, you have to help me. You worked as a babysitter before, right?
歐利:艾薇,你一定要幫我。你之前是保姆,對吧?
babysitter(n.)保母
Ivy: Yes. What’s going on?
艾薇:是啊。怎麼了嗎?
Ollie: My uncle asked my sister and me to look after his eight-month-old son today. He keeps crying and shouting. I don’t know what to do.
歐利:我舅舅請我和我妹妹今天照顧他八個月大的兒子。他一直大哭大叫。我不知道怎麼辦。
look after sb. or sth.照顧某人或某物shout(v.)大叫、吼叫
Ivy: Did you check his diaper? If it’s wet, change it. It will make him uncomfortable.
艾薇:你有檢查他的尿布了嗎?如果是濕的,換掉它。那讓他不舒服。
check(v.)檢查diaper(n.)尿布wet(adj.)潮濕的uncomfortable(adj.)不舒服的comfortable(adj.)舒服的
Ollie: Ok. I’ll check it.
歐利:好的。我會檢查。
Ivy: Perhaps he’s crying because he’s hungry.
艾薇:或許他哭是因為餓了。
hungry(adj.)飢餓的
Ollie: Oh, I have some food from my uncle. Maybe I can try to feed him.
歐利:噢,我有一些舅舅給的食物。或許我可以試著餵他。
feed(v.)餵食
Ivy: Yes. I heard him crying. What is your sister doing right now?
艾薇:對。我聽到他哭了。你妹妹現在在做什麼?
hear(v.)聽見
Ollie: She is trying to put him to bed.
歐利:她試著哄他睡覺。
put sb. to bed哄睡某人
Ivy: Wow, he sounds angry. Your sister needs your help.
艾薇:哇,他聽起來很生氣。你妹妹需要幫忙。
sound(v.)聽起來angry(adj.)生氣的
Ollie: I’ll go help her now. Thanks.
歐利:我這就去幫她。謝囉。