
抄捷徑
Lucy is in a taxi.
露西正在計程車上。
Lucy: Good morning. Could you take me to the airport, please?
露西:早安!可以請你帶我到機場嗎?
airport(n.)機場
Driver: Of course. Please fasten your seat belt.
司機:當然。請繫好安全帶。
fasten(v.)扣緊,繫牢seat(n.)座位,座椅belt(n.)腰帶
Lucy: Okay! Thank you.
露西:好的!謝謝你。
Driver: Which road do you prefer to go by?
司機:妳比較想要走哪一條路呢?
prefer(v.)更喜愛,寧可by(prep.)經過
Lucy: Hmm… I’m in a rush. Can we go along Ren-Ai Road?
露西:嗯……我在趕時間,我們可以走仁愛路嗎?
rush(n.)匆忙along(prep.)沿著
Driver: Sure! But the traffic now is busy on Ren-Ai Road. I suggest going along Wen-Hua Road.
司機:當然!但是現在仁愛路的車子很多,我建議走文化路。
traffic(n.)交通流量busy(adj.)繁忙的suggest(v.)建議
Lucy: Oh, right! It’s rush hour now. Okay! Let’s go along Wen-Hua Road.
露西:噢,對耶!現在是尖峰時刻。好的,我們走文化路吧!
rush hour尖峰時刻
Driver: And there is a shortcut we can take if we drive along Wen-Hua Road.
司機:而且如果我們走文化路,會有一條捷徑可以走。
shortcut(n.)捷徑,近路if(conj.)如果
Lucy: Great! I didn’t know that! How long will it take?
露西:太好了!我不知道呢!需要花多久時間呢?
long(adv.)長久地,長時間地take(v.)花費(時間)
Driver: Fifteen minutes, perhaps.
司機:也許十五分鐘。
perhaps(adv.)或許,可能
Lucy: And what’s the fare?
露西:那麼車資多少呢?
fare(n.)車費
Driver: It’ll be 75 dollars.
司機:將會是75元。
Lucy: Here you are. Please keep the change and drop me off at the entrance.
露西:75元給您!請不用找零錢了,並讓我在入口處下車。
keep(v.)保留,保存change(n.)零錢drop(v.)帶off(adv.)去掉,移開entrance(n.)入口
Driver: No problem. Thank you and have a nice day!
司機:沒問題!謝謝您,並祝您有愉快的一天!