
從樓梯跌下來
Ben and Sally are talking on the phone.
班恩跟莎莉在講電話。
talk(v.)談話phone(n.)電話
Ben: Hello, Ben speaking. Who is this?
班恩:哈囉,這邊是班恩,哪位?
speak(v.)說話
Sally: Hello Ben, this is Sally. I am very sorry but I can’t come into work today.
莎莉:哈囉班恩,我是莎莉,很抱歉我今天無法上班。
come(v.)來work(n.)工作today(adv.)在今天
Ben: Why? What happened?
班恩:為什麼?怎麼了?
happen(v.)發生
Sally: I fell down the stairs this morning. I think I broke my leg. I am going to the hospital later.
莎莉:我早上從樓梯上跌下來,我想我摔斷腿了,晚點要去醫院。
fall down跌倒stair(n.)樓梯morning(n.)早上think(v.)覺得、想break(v.)弄斷leg(n.)腿hospital(n.)醫院later(adv.)晚一點
Ben: Well, thank you for letting me know that you can’t come into work today. I’m sorry about your leg.
班恩:好的,謝謝你告訴我你今天無法上班,你的腿受傷我很遺憾。
thank you for為了⋯⋯感謝let(v.)讓know(v.)知道come(v.)來work(n.)工作today(adv.)在今天leg(n.)腿
Sally: Don’t be. Is there anything I can help with from home?
莎莉:別這麼說,有什麼我可以在家協助的嗎?
anything(pron.)任何事help(v.)幫助home(n.)家
Ben: Yes, there are some reports I need you to take a look at. I can send them to your email address.
班恩:有的,有些報告我想要你看一下,我可以寄到你的電子信箱。
report(n.)報告need(v.)需要take a look at看send(v.)傳送address(n.)地址
Sally: Of course, no problem.
莎莉:當然,沒問題。
of course當然problem(n.)問題
Ben: Thank you. Get well soon!
班恩:謝謝,希望你快點好起來。