
抱歉,計畫有變!
Dave is on the phone with Ryan.
戴夫正在跟萊恩講電話。
be on the phone with sb.=跟某人通話
Dave: Hey, are you ready to go hiking?
戴夫:嘿,你準備好去健行了嗎?
ready(adj.)準備好的;有準備的be ready to RV=準備做某事You have 10 minutes to get ready.hiking(n.)健行
Ryan: Oh, I’m sorry. There is a change of plan.
萊恩:噢,抱歉,計畫有變。
change(n.)(v.)改變;變動It is time for a change.plan(v.)(n.)計畫
Dave: Why? Are you not feeling well?
戴夫:怎麼了?你不舒服嗎?
Ryan: It’s not that. Something came out of left field and tied me up.
萊恩:不是的,突然發生一些事,我現在走不開。
come out of left field=出乎意料come-cameWhat he did just came out of left field.tie (sb. or sth.) up=把某人或某物綁起來;把某人纏住;讓某人無法脫身
Dave: What happened?
戴夫:發生什麼事了?
What’s the matter?=怎麼了
Ryan: Someone broke my car windshield with a brick last night. Luckily, no one was in the car.
萊恩:昨晚有人敲破我汽車的擋風玻璃,幸好當時車上沒人。
break(v.)(break-broke)破壞;打破;弄傷Tim broke the vase.I broke my arm.windshield(n.)擋風玻璃brick(n.)磚頭;磚塊luckily(adv.)幸好;幸虧;很幸運地
Dave: Oh my, that sounds pretty bad. Do you need help?
戴夫:我的天啊,聽起來真不妙。你需要幫忙嗎?
that sounds...=聽起來...help(v.)(n.)幫忙;幫助
Ryan: I got this. I just need to make a police report. It will probably take a whole day. So, I guess I can’t go with you today.
萊恩:沒事,我可以自己來,就只是要去警局報案而已,可能會花上一整天,所以我想我不能跟你去健行了。
report(v.)(n.)報導;匯報;報告We need to finish the report by this Friday.report a crime=報案probably(adv.)很可能;大概
Dave: No worries, we can take a rain check on the hiking plan.
戴夫:沒關係,我們可以改天再去。
no worries=別擔心
Ryan: Okay, I’ll give you a call after I’m done with this.
萊恩:好吧,我處理完這件事後會給你打個電話。
call(v.)(n.)打電話give sb. a call=打電話給某人Call me when you get home.be done with sth.=處理完或完成某事