
週末如何輕鬆過?
It’s Friday today. Jenny and Billy are chatting.
今天是星期五,珍妮和比利正在聊天。
Friday(n.)星期五chatting(v.)聊天
Jenny: Do you have any plans for the weekend?
珍妮:你這週末有什麼安排嗎?
any(adj.)任何的plans(n.)計畫weekend(n.)週末
Billy: I’m taking the kids to the countryside.
比利:我要帶孩子們回鄉下。
kid(n.)小孩
Jenny: Oh really? For a trip?
珍妮:喔?去玩嗎?
really(adv.)真的trip(n.)旅行
Billy: To visit my parents actually, I’m usually too busy.
比利:去看看我爸媽,誰叫我平常太忙了。
actually(adv.)實際上usually(adv.)經常too(adv.)太……busy(adj.)忙碌的
Jenny: You should call them when you have free time, they’ll be very happy!
珍妮:有空可以經常打電話,他們也會很開心的。
should(aux.)應該call(v.)打電話them(pron.)他們when(conj.)當……的時候free(adj.)空閒的time(n.)時間,時候they’ll = they will
Billy: I do, but they told me they really want to see the kids.
比利:有,但他們說太想看看孩子們了。
but(conj.)但是told(v.)告訴me(pron.)我really(adv.)很,非常want(v.)想要see(v.)看
Jenny: I bet they spoil the kids quite a lot?
珍妮:他們很寵孫子吧?
bet(v.)敢說,確信spoil(v.)寵愛,溺愛quite(adv.)相當a lot很多,非常
Billy: Of course! I think they treat them better than me when I was young.
比利:當然!好像比對我小時候更好。
Of course當然think(v.)認為treat(v.)對待better(adv.)更好地than(prep.)比……young(adj.)年輕的
Jenny: Let the parents take care of your kids when you go back, and have a relaxing weekend!
珍妮:回去讓爸媽顧小孩,你也能過個輕鬆週末!
let(v.)讓,使take care of照顧back(adv.)向後go back返回relaxing(adj.)放鬆的
Billy: What a good idea!
比利:這真是個好主意!
What a……多麼……idea(n.)主意