
我們改天再約
Henry set up a blind date for Emma for this Friday night. He is checking with her.
亨利這周五晚上要幫艾瑪介紹朋友認識,他正在跟她確認。
set up安排設下blind date相親check(v.)確認
Henry: Hey, be sure to clear out your schedule for this Friday night.
亨利:嘿,周五晚上記得要空出來。
be sure to=make sure to確認clear out清開schedule行事曆、行程
Emma: Why? Do we have plans?
艾瑪:怎麼了,我們有約?
Henry: I’m introducing you to my friend, George. Don’t you remember?
亨利:我要介紹我的朋友喬治給妳認識,妳忘了嗎?
introduce sb. to sb.介紹某人給某人remember記得
Emma: Oh right!
艾瑪:噢,沒錯!
Henry: I think you’ll like him. He also likes to drink wine. Totally your match.
亨利:我覺得妳會喜歡他,他也喜歡喝酒,你們真的很速配。
totally your match簡直絕配、match相配的事物
Emma: But I think I might have to work overtime this Friday.
艾瑪:我覺得我這周五要加班。
might可能work overtime加班
Henry: What?! But he just said “yes” yesterday.
亨利:什麼?他昨天才答應我的!
Emma: Sorry, can I take a rain check?
艾瑪:對不起,可以改天再約嗎?
Henry: Yeah, rain check it is. I’ll tell him.
亨利:好啦,那就再約。我再跟他說。
Emma: Thanks! I’ll make it up to you and your friend, I promise.
艾瑪:謝啦,我保證會好好補償你跟你朋友的。
make up to sb.補償promise(v.)保證、承諾