
「這不是運氣」
Daisy and Hank are friends. They are having a conversation.
黛西和漢克是朋友。他們正在對話。
Hank: Can you believe it? Taiwan shut out Japan!
漢克:你能相信嗎?台灣完封日本了!
shut out不讓(對手)得分
Daisy: I know! 4-0 in the championship — what a game!
黛西:我知道!4比0拿下冠軍——真是太精彩了!
championship(n.)冠軍賽、冠軍頭銜champion(n.)冠軍
Hank: Mr. Koo said it wasn’t luck. Taiwan’s baseball teams have been training hard all these years.
漢克:辜仲諒說這不是運氣,台灣的棒球隊多年來一直認真訓練。
train(v.)訓練trainer(n.)教練、運動鞋
Daisy: It’s because of years of training — and a lot of support. Did you know Mr. Koo, the head of Taiwan’s baseball association, has been helping the teams for a long time?
黛西:是啊,是因為經過多年訓練——和許多的支持。你知道嗎?辜仲諒,也就是台灣棒協的理事長,贊助這些球隊很久了。
because of因為、由於support(n.)支持back up sb.支持某人=back sb. upassociation(n.)協會、聯盟
Hank: Yeah, he’s done so much for Taiwan’s baseball program. He said this win makes Taiwan stronger and more confident.
漢克:對,他為台灣棒球做了很多事情。他說這場勝利讓台灣變得更強大、更有自信。
confident(adj.)有信心的be confident about(in) sth.對某事有信心confidence(n.)自信has confidence in…對~有信心
Daisy: I loved when he said we don’t need to be afraid of Japan or the U.S. anymore.
黛西:我很喜歡他說的那段話,現在我們不需要再怕日本或美國了。
afraid(adj.)感到不安的、害怕的、恐怕
Hank: Right! Baseball brings us together. Did you see the fans in Tokyo Dome? Thousands of people cheering — it gave me chills!
漢克:沒錯!棒球讓我們團結一心。你有看到東京巨蛋的球迷嗎?上千人在為台灣加油,我都起雞皮疙瘩了!
cheer(v.)歡呼、加油give sb. chills 讓人起雞皮疙瘩
Daisy: Mr. Koo is right. This win isn’t just about baseball. It’s about teamwork.
黛西:辜仲諒說得對,這場勝利不只是關於棒球,它代表著團隊合作。
teamwork(n.)團隊合作
Hank: Exactly. Taiwan’s baseball future looks brighter than ever.
漢克:完全同意。台灣棒球的未來看起來比以往任何時候都更光明。
Daisy: Taiwan No.1!
黛西:台灣第一!
Hank: Taiwan No.1!
漢克:台灣第一!