
科技填補空缺
Mindy and Frank are colleagues. They work in the Kaohsiung Software Technology Park.
敏迪和法蘭克是同事。他們在高雄軟體科技園區工作。
software(n.)軟體hardware(n.)硬體technology(n.)技術=tech
Mindy: Hey, did you hear about the new food delivery robot in Taiwan?
敏迪:嘿,你聽說過台灣的新型食物送餐機器人嗎?
Frank: Yeah, I did!
法蘭克:對啊,我聽說了!
Mindy: It’s really amazing! The robot can move around buildings, avoid obstacles and even use elevators.
敏迪:真的很神奇!那個機器人可以在建築物四處移動,避開障礙物甚至可以搭電梯。
amazing(adj.)驚人的、令人驚喜的amazed(adj.)十分驚奇的、驚豔的obstacle(n.)障礙、障礙物elevator(n.)電梯escalator(n.)自動手扶梯
Frank: We can order food using the Foodomo app and have it delivered to any floor in the park with just one click.
法蘭克:我們可以使用Foodomo應用程式訂餐,只需點擊一下就可以將食物送到園區的任何樓層。
order(n.)點餐、訂單、指令(v.)點餐、訂貨、命令click(n.)點擊、點擊聲(v.)點擊
Mindy: I heard the robot has already been delivering coffee and tea to some workers.
敏迪:我聽說這個機器人已經開始為一些員工送咖啡和茶了。
Frank: Yes, it’s been in use for a while now. It even makes a sound to let people know it’s delivering food.
法蘭克:是的,它已經在這裡運行了一段時間。它甚至會發出聲音提醒人們它正在外送食物。
in use正在使用out of use不再被使用
Mindy: This is definitely going to make our lives much easier!
敏迪:這絕對會使我們的生活更輕鬆!
definite(adj.)確定的、肯定的、明確的definitely(adv.)肯定、當然、毫無疑問
Frank: Yes, especially since there’s been a shortage of manpower due to the aging society.
法蘭克:對啊,特別是由於老年化社會,勞動力短缺問題日益嚴重。
especial(adj.)特別的、特殊的、格外的=specialespecially(adv.)特別、尤其、格外shortage(n.)缺乏、缺少age(n.)年齡、年紀(v.)衰老aging(adj.)衰老、老年化的
Mindy: That’s true. It’s good to see technology stepping in to fill the gap.
敏迪:是啊,看到科技填補空缺真是太好了。
step in插手、介入gap(n.)缺口、裂口
Frank: I agree. Who knows, maybe we’ll see more robots like this in the future.
法蘭克:我同意。誰知道,也許未來我們會看到更多像這樣的機器人。