
加州首家門市
Jason and Emma are having lunch at a restaurant.
傑森和艾瑪在一家餐廳吃午餐。
Jason: I haven’t had potstickers and dumplings for years.
傑森:我好久沒吃到鍋貼和水餃了。
for years=好長一段時間;長期以來
Emma: You told me how much you missed them when you were in the States.
艾瑪:你告訴我你在美國時有多麼想念這些食物的味道。
miss(v.)想念
Jason: There were some Chinese restaurants that served potstickers and dumplings, but I could hardly find a good one.
傑森:一些中式餐館有在賣鍋貼和水餃,但很難找到好吃的。
serve(v.)(提供)服務
Emma: Do you know Bafang Yunji has opened its first store in California?
艾瑪:你知道八方雲集在美國加州開了首家門市嗎?
store(n.)商店
Jason: Really?
傑森:真的假的?
Emma: They serve the same dishes as in Taiwan, but the prices are much higher.
艾瑪:料理是一樣的,只是價格更貴。
dish(n.)一道菜;料理high-higher-highest
Jason: How much do they charge for a potsticker?
傑森:一顆鍋貼要價多少?
charge(v.)收費
Emma: Imagine you have to pay NT$21 for a single potsticker.
艾瑪:想像你得付台幣21元才吃得到一顆鍋貼。
imagine(v.)想像
Jason: No way. It’s almost four times higher than the price here in Taiwan.
傑森:不會吧,幾乎是台灣售價的四倍欸。
Emma: A set meal with a bowl of soup or a drink can cost you NT$300.
艾瑪:一份附湯或飲料的套餐要價台幣300元呢。
set(n.)一套;一副cost(n.)成本(v.)需花費
Jason: What a stiff price.
傑森:那還真不便宜。
stiff(adj.)高昂的;過高的