
電視觀眾日減
Ken is talking to his daughter, Julie, at home.
肯恩正在家和他的女兒茱莉說話。
Ken: Julie, why are you watching YouTube all day long? Can’t you turn it off and do something else?
肯恩:茱莉,你為什麼整天都在看YouTube?你不能關掉去做點別的事嗎?
all day (long)整天
Julie: I’m doing some research right now. I want to buy a new cellphone, but I’m still considering which one to buy.
茱莉:我現在正在做研究。我想買新手機,但我還在考慮該買哪一種。
consider(v.)考慮
Ken: What’s the connection between buying a cellphone and watching videos?
肯恩:買手機和看影片有什麼關係?
connection between A and B A和B之間的關聯
Julie: I’m watching unboxing videos that review different brands of cellphones. This will help me make a decision.
茱莉:我在看評測不同品牌手機的開箱影片。這會幫助我做出決定。
unboxing(n.)開箱review(v.)評測brand(n.)品牌decision(n.)決定
Ken: I see. What about those short videos that your brother likes to watch?
肯恩:我懂了。那些你弟弟喜歡看的短影片是什麼呢?
Julie: They’re called Shorts. I like to watch those videos to explore new content as well, and many celebrities use them to interact with their fans.
茱莉:它們叫做Shorts。我也喜歡看那些影片來探索新內容,而且很多名人用它們和粉絲互動。
explore(v.)探索content(n.)內容celebrity(n.)名人interact with sb.與某人互動
Ken: There are many advertisements on YouTube, too.
肯恩:YouTube上也有很多廣告。
advertisement(n.)廣告=ad
Julie: Yes. Sometimes they’re annoying, but they also help me know about new products and brands. People nowadays seldom watch TV and watch YouTube instead.
茱莉:對啊。有時候它們蠻煩的,不過廣告也讓我認識新產品和品牌。現在很少人在看電視,都看YouTube作為替代了。
annoying(adj.)討厭的、惱人的product(n.)產品instead(adv.)作為替代
Ken: The news said, “Taiwanese watch YouTube for over 85 minutes every day.” I guess you’re above average.
肯恩: 新聞說:「台灣人每天看超過85分鐘的YouTube」,我猜你超過平均。
above(prep.)高於、多於average(n.)平均below average低於平均
Julie: Alright, Dad.
茱莉:好啦,爸。