
台灣水果乾
Emma and Jason are at the airport. They notice a gift shop selling Taiwanese dried fruits.
艾瑪和傑森在機場。他們注意到禮品店裡有賣台灣水果乾。
gift(n.)禮物
Emma: Wow, Jason! Look at these dried fruits. They are from Taiwan.
艾瑪:哇,傑森!看看這些水果乾,是台灣的呢。
Jason: Oh, I read about them online. They said it’s one of the best gifts for travelers.
傑森:哦,我在網路上看過。他們說這是送給旅行者的最佳禮物之一。
online(adv.)線上(adj.)線上的online course線上課程traveler(n.)旅客、旅行者
Emma: Really? Why are they so special?
艾瑪:真的嗎?它們為什麼那麼特別?
be different from…跟~不同
Jason: The article said they use five fruits: mango, guava, wax apple, pineapple, and green mango. They dry them slowly to keep the taste natural.
傑森:文章說這裡有五種水果:芒果、芭樂、蓮霧、鳳梨和青芒果。他們慢慢烘乾,保留自然風味。
keep O. adj.保持~的狀態taste(n.)味道、品味natural(adj.)天然的、自然的/nature(n.)大自然
Emma: Hmm… sounds healthy and delicious. I hate airplane snacks that are dry and tasteless.
艾瑪:嗯⋯⋯聽起來又健康又美味。我討厭飛機上的零食,乾巴巴又沒味道。
healthy(adj.)健康的keep/stay healthy保持健康healthy relationship健康的關係tasteless(adj.)沒味道的
Jason: Me too! Look, the article also said this dried fruit is better than crackers or vending machine snacks between lunch and dinner.
傑森:我也是!看,文章還說這水果乾比午餐和晚餐之間的餅乾或販賣機零食更好。
vending machine自動販賣機
Emma: Okay, I’m buying one for my flight. Maybe it can cheer me up during the trip!
艾瑪:好吧,我買一盒當飛機上的零食。也許它可以讓我旅途中心情更好!
cheer sb. up使某人開心、振作起來
Jason: Great idea! And I’ll get one too. Let’s taste Taiwan on the plane.
傑森:好主意!我也買一盒。我們在飛機上就能嚐到台灣的味道了。
taste(v.)品嚐
Emma: I hope it’s sweet but not too sugary. I want a real fruit flavor.
艾瑪:我希望它甜甜的,但不要太甜。我想要真實的水果味。
sugary(adj.)含糖的、甜的flavor(n.)風味、味道
Jason: Don’t worry. They pick the fruits when they are fully ripe, so the taste should be perfect.
傑森:別擔心。他們會在水果完全成熟時採收,所以味道應該很棒。
ripe(adj.)(水果或蔬菜)成熟的、時機成熟的