
在當地超市大賣
It’s early morning in Taipei. Amber and Peter are walking to a breakfast shop. The smell of food fills the street.
清晨的台北,安柏和彼得正走向一家早餐店,街上瀰漫著食物的香味。
smell(n.)味道fill(v.)裝滿、填滿、佔滿fill A with B用 B 填滿 A
Amber: Hey Peter, did you know that Taiwanese danbing is now sold in the Netherlands?
安柏:嘿,彼得,你知道台灣的蛋餅現在在荷蘭也有賣嗎?
be V-p.p.被動語態sell(v.)賣、販售
Peter: Danbing? What is that? I’ve never heard of it.
彼得:蛋餅?那是什麼?我從來沒聽過。
hear of聽說、聽過
Amber: Oh, it’s a Taiwanese breakfast dish.
安柏:哦,那是一種台灣的早餐。
dish(n.)一道菜/a main dish主菜/a side dish配菜serve a dish端上一道菜
Peter: Hmm, sounds interesting. How do you make it?
彼得:嗯,聽起來很有趣。要怎麼做呢?
Amber: Well, first you make a thin dough with flour, potato starch, and water. Then you cook an egg on top of it, like an omelet. After that, you roll it up.
安柏:嗯,首先用麵粉、太白粉和水做成薄薄的麵團。然後在上面煎一顆蛋,有點像蛋包。最後再把它捲起來。
dough(n.)麵團flour(n.)麵粉starch(n.)澱粉roll sth. up=roll up sth.把某物捲起
Peter: Oh! So it’s like a soft pancake with egg inside?
彼得:哦!所以它就像是一種裡面有蛋的軟煎餅嗎?
pancake(n.)煎餅、鬆餅
Amber: Exactly! And you can add cheese, meat, or vegetables. People eat it in the morning.
安柏:沒錯!你還可以加起司、肉或蔬菜。人們通常早餐會吃它。
Peter: Wow, that sounds delicious. No wonder people in Amsterdam buy it so fast.
彼得:哇,聽起來好好吃。難怪阿姆斯特丹的人一看到就搶著買。
no wonder難怪It’s not surprising that…~不令人意外
Amber: Haha, maybe you should start a danbing shop in the Netherlands. You’ll be famous!
安柏:哈哈,也許你應該在荷蘭開一家蛋餅店。你一定會變有名!
start a shop開一家商店
Peter: That’s a great idea. If I do, you must come and be my first customer!
彼得:那是個好主意。如果我真的開店,你一定要來當我的第一個客人!
customer(n.)顧客regular/loyal customer常客/忠實顧客customer feedback顧客反饋