
倒楣的貴賓狗
Jack and Will are in a park. They are chatting.
傑克和威爾在公園裡。他們在聊天。
Jack: Look! Is that man walking a pit bull?
傑克:瞧!那個人在遛比特犬嗎?
Will: I think so. Why?
威爾:應該是吧。怎麼了?
Jack: I just read news about pit bulls attacking other dogs.
傑克:我剛看到比特犬襲擊別的狗的新聞。
attack(v., n.)攻擊
Will: Really? They seem friendly.
威爾:真的嗎?不過牠們看起來很友善啊。
friendly(adj.)友善的
Jack: Just last week, a pit bull attacked a poodle and the poodle died.
傑克:上星期有隻比特犬攻擊了一隻貴賓狗,然後貴賓狗就死了。
poodle(n.)貴賓狗die(v.)死亡、dead(adj.)死去的
Will: Oh my! The owner must be very upset!
威爾:天哪!牠的主人一定很難過!
owner(n.)主人upset(adj.)難過的
Jack: Totally. There have been six attacks so far this year.
傑克:沒錯。截至目前為止已經發生了六起襲擊事件。
so far目前為止、完成式
Will: We need to do something about it.
威爾:我們得想點辦法。
Jack: The government is going to stop people from owning pit bulls. We can’t buy or keep pit bulls anymore in the future.
傑克:政府要禁止飼養比特犬了,未來將無法再購買或飼養比特犬。
government(n.)政府stop sb. from doing sth.避免、阻止own(v.)擁有keep(v.)飼養in the future未來not…anymore不再
Will: When will the ban start?
威爾:何時會生效?
Jack: At the end of September.
傑克:九月底。
at the end of尾端、末端in the end最後=finally