
安全回家的路
Sophie and Ben are friends. They are walking on the streets of Taipei.
蘇菲和班是朋友。他們正在台北的街頭散步。
street(n.)街道
Sophie: Walking here in Taiwan is such a nightmare for pedestrians, don’t you agree?
蘇菲:在台灣走路對行人來說真是個惡夢。你不覺得嗎?
nightmare(n.)惡夢sweet dream美夢daydream(n.)白日夢
Ben: Totally! Have you heard of this new app called “Commusidewalk”? It was created by a high school teacher, Han Chung-mei.
班:就是啊!但你知道現在有一款叫做「平安走路許願帳戶」的應用程式嗎?它是由高中老師韓中梅創建的。
application(n.)申請、請求、應用程式commute(v.)通勤sidewalk(n.)人行道create(v.)創建、創作、發明creator(n.)創建者、創作者
Sophie: No, I haven’t. What does it do?
蘇菲:沒有,我不知道。它是做什麼的?
Ben: Well, you can download the app, and then I’ll show you how it works.
班:這個嘛,你可以下載這個應用程式,我來教你如何使用。
download(v.)(n.)下載upload(v.)(n.)上傳
Sophie: Alright, it’s downloaded. I see a bunch of dots on the map when I zoom in. What do they mean?
蘇菲:好的,下載好了。當我放大地圖的時候,我看到很多個點。這些點是什麼意思?
bunch(n.)串、束zoom in放大、拉近畫面zoom out縮小、拉遠畫面
Ben: The red dots on the map mean that the roads are not safe for pedestrians to walk on, while the green dots mean that the roads are safe and easy to walk on.
班:地圖上的紅色點代表行人在此道路上行走不安全,而綠色點則代表道路安全且易於行走。
road(n.)道路
Sophie: Wow, that’s helpful. I used to have to walk on the road because the sidewalks were so bad. Now I can find a safe route home.
蘇菲:哇,這很有幫助。我以前只能走在道路上,因為人行道太糟了。現在我可以找到一條安全的路回家。
safe(adj.)安全的、沒有危險的route(n.)路線、路途、航線
Ben: Yeah, and check out how many red dots there are in Hsinchu County too.
班:是啊,你看新竹縣有多少紅點。
county(n.)郡、縣
Sophie: That’s interesting. I had no idea traffic was that bad there.
蘇菲:很有趣,我不知道那裡的路況那麼糟。
traffic(n.)交通、路況
Ben: Watch out! You almost stepped in a pothole.
班:小心!你差點踩進坑洞裡了。
step(v.)踩、踏(n.)步驟、台階pothole(n.)坑洞
Sophie: Haha, that’s when “Commusidewalk” comes in handy. I’m definitely using it from now on.
蘇菲:哈哈,這時「平安走路許願帳戶」就派上用場了。我從現在開始要用它了。
come in handy派得上用場
Ben: Hey, let’s take a picture and rate the safety of this road on the app.
班:嘿,我們來拍張照,在應用程式上對這條路的安全性評個分吧。
rate(v.)評價、評分