
895變7890
Leo is a university student. He is talking to his classmate Mindy.
里歐是大學生。他正在跟他的同班同學敏迪聊天。
Leo: Hey Mindy! Are you free next weekend?
里歐:嘿,敏迪!你下週末有空嗎?
Mindy: I think so. Why?
敏迪:我想有啊,怎麼了?
Leo: Taiwan Music Festival is coming! It’s in Kenting from April 3 to 5. Lots of music, food, and fun!
里歐:台灣祭要來囉!4月3號到5號在墾丁。有音樂、美食還有超多好玩活動!
lots of很多的=a lot of
Mindy: Oh! That sounds cool. I saw some photos online. The beach looks amazing!
敏迪:哇!聽起來很讚耶!我有看到網路上的照片,海邊超美!
online(adv.)線上shop online線上購物
Leo: Yes! But… I just checked hotel prices.
里歐:對啊!但⋯⋯我剛查了住宿價格。
Mindy: And?
敏迪:然後呢?
Leo: One room was NT$895 last week. Now it’s NT$7980!
里歐:上週一晚才895元,現在變成7980元!
Mindy: What?! That’s crazy!
敏迪:什麼?!太誇張了吧!
Leo: I know. Some people say it’s price gouging.
里歐:對啊,有人說是哄抬價格。
price gouging哄抬價格
Mindy: Can we still go?
敏迪:那我們還能去嗎?
Leo: Maybe we can camp or find a cheap guesthouse nearby.
里歐:或許我們可以去露營,或是找附近便宜的民宿。
camp(v.)露營(n.)營地、臨時居住地go camping去露營campsite(n.)營地guesthouse(n.)民宿=Bed and Breakfast
Mindy: Good idea! Let’s invite our friends too.
敏迪:好主意!我們也可以找朋友一起去!
invite(v.)邀請invite sb. to 地點/活動:邀請某人去某地invite sb. to VR邀請某人做~
Leo: Yes! More people, more fun — and we can share the cost!
里歐:對啊!人多更好玩,而且可以分攤費用!
cost(n.)費用the cost of living生活費
Mindy: Deal! I’ll bring snacks!
敏迪:好的!我帶零食!
Leo: And I’ll make a playlist!
里歐:我來準備音樂清單!