
你的BMI也超過24嗎?
Henry and Cynthia are a couple.
亨利跟辛西雅是夫妻。
Cynthia: Oh my God!
辛西雅:我的老天鵝啊!
Henry: What? What happened?
亨利:什麼?發生什麼事了?
happen(v.)發生
Cynthia: I’m overweight! My BMI is over 24!
辛西雅:我太胖了!我的身體質量指數超過24!
overweight(adj.)肥胖的;超重的BMI=body mass index身體質量指數
Henry: You only just found this out? I’ve been telling you that you need to exercise. You believe the scale more than you believe yourself.
亨利:妳現在才知道啊?我一直跟妳說妳需要運動。妳相信體重計多於妳相信妳自己。
find-found-found發現;找出;查明scale(n.)磅秤;比例;規模;音階;鱗片
Cynthia: Well. I guess I just believe evidence more.
辛西雅:嗯,我想我只是比較相信證據啦。
evidence(不可數n.)證據
Henry: Anyways, it’s good that now you realize you’re overweight. And you know what? Around 43 percent of the people in Taiwan are overweight.
亨利:總之,現在妳知道自己過重是好事。而且妳知道嗎?在台灣,大約有4成3的人過胖。
anyways=anyway(adv.)不管怎樣;無論如何;反正realize(v.)明白;意識到percent(adv.)百分之~
Cynthia: Really? That’s not a small percentage.
辛西雅:真的嗎?那個百分比不小耶。
percentage(n.)百分比
Henry: Tell me about it. Taiwan is actually the fattest country in Asia.
亨利:那還用說。台灣其實是亞洲最胖的國家。
actually(adv.)實際上;的確;真實地
Cynthia: Oh no. That’s not good.
辛西雅:哦不,那可不妙。
Henry: That’s for sure. Many illnesses such as diabetes and high blood pressure are highly related to obesity.
亨利:當然不好囉。很多疾病,像是糖尿病跟高血壓都跟過胖有高度相關。
illness(n.)疾病;生病diabetes(不可數n.)糖尿病related(adj.)有關的obesity(不可數n.)過胖
Cynthia: That doesn’t sound fun. I really don’t want to get sick.
辛西雅:那聽起來不好玩。我實在不想生病。
Henry: Well. People should really start to make exercise a habit.
亨利:嗯,大家真的應該要開始養成運動的習慣。
make sth. a habit養成~習慣
Cynthia: I agree. Let’s go work out!
辛西雅:我同意。我們去運動吧!
agree(v.)贊成;持相同意見work out鍛煉身體