
中國的全力打擊
Ethan and Nelly are colleagues. They are having lunch together.
伊森和奈莉是同事。他們正在一起吃午飯。
Ethan: My sister’s birthday is coming. What should I get for her?
伊森:我妹妹的生日快到了。我應該送她什麼呢?
Nelly: Oh! I met her once at a bar, right?
奈莉:哦!我在酒吧見過她一次,對吧?
Ethan: Yeah. She likes hanging out at bars and nightclubs.
伊森:嗯嗯。她喜歡上酒吧和夜店。
hang out出去玩
Nelly: You should get her a bottle of Lithuanian rum. It’s perfect for both drinking and cooking.
奈莉:你應該買一瓶立陶宛蘭姆酒給他。拿來飲用和煮飯都很適合。
be perfect for sth.非常適合
Ethan: Since when do we import rum from Lithuania?
伊森:我們什麼時候有從立陶宛進口蘭姆酒?
import(v.)進口、export(v.)出口
Nelly: Well, this batch of rum was meant to be shipped to China, but China has been punishing Lithuania for allowing Taiwan to set up a representative office in its capital last year. So, the Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corp bought all of the rum.
奈莉:嗯,這批蘭姆酒本來是要運往中國的,但中國去年開始就一直在懲罰立陶宛,因為立陶宛允許台灣在首都設立代表處,所以台灣菸酒公司就買下這批蘭姆酒。
batch(n.)批be meant to用意是、原本是要ship(v.)運送punish(v.)懲罰、punishment(n.)representative office代表處、embassy(n.)使館liquor烈酒
Ethan: Ah, I know about this. Does that mean all Lithuanian goods are having trouble entering the Chinese market?
伊森:啊,我知道這件事。是不是現在所有立陶宛商品都很難進入中國市場?
goods商品have trouble doing sth.有困難market(n.)市場、break into打入
Nelly: That’s the case. China is dealing a blow to Lithuania.
奈莉:就是這樣。中國正在全力打擊立陶宛。
deal a blow大大打擊
Ethan: Well, I’ll buy a bottle as a gift, and it’s nice to support our friend in Europe.
伊森:嗯,我會買一瓶當禮物,支持我們在歐洲的友邦也很好。
support(v., n.)支持