
減少垃圾
Sandy and Gino are walking to a restaurant to eat dinner. They are chatting.
珊蒂和吉諾邊走去餐廳吃晚餐,邊聊天。
Sandy: I hope this restaurant doesn’t have disposable tableware.
珊蒂:希望這家餐廳不用一次性餐具。
Gino: Me too. But I brought my own spoon and chopsticks just in case.
吉諾:我也是!不過我帶了自己的湯匙和筷子,以防萬一。
just in case以防萬一
Sandy: That’s a great idea. I should get some. I heard that starting July 22 there will be fees for disposable tableware and food containers at 280 places in the city, like government buildings and schools.
珊蒂:好主意!我也該準備一組。我聽說從7月22日開始,台北市的280個場所,包括政府機關和學校,都會對一次性餐具和外帶容器收費。
fee(n.)費用entrance fee入場費service fee服務費charge a fee收費container(n.)容器
Gino: Oh, that’s a good way to cut down on restaurant waste.
吉諾:這樣可以減少餐廳的垃圾,挺不錯的。
cut down on減少、削減waste(n.)廢棄物、垃圾food waste食物浪費plastic waste塑膠廢棄物
Sandy: Exactly. The government thinks a fee of at least NT$1 will save 27 million pieces of disposable tableware a year.
珊蒂:沒錯,政府認為收取至少 1 元的費用,每年可以減少2,700萬個一次性餐具的使用量。
at least至少
Gino: That’s so many! I like this idea.
吉諾:好多喔!我覺得這個政策很好。
Sandy: Me too. And I think I’m going to follow your lead and get my own spoon and chopsticks to carry with me.
珊蒂:我也是。而且我決定向你看齊,準備自己的湯匙和筷子,隨身攜帶。
follow your lead跟隨你的腳步
Gino: Great! Then you can also help cut down on restaurant waste.
吉諾:太棒了!這樣你也能幫忙減少餐廳垃圾!