
看無尾熊打盹
Kent and Tina are roommates. It’s Saturday.
肯特和蒂娜是室友。今天是星期六。
Kent: The weather is so nice today. We should go out!
肯特:今天天氣真好。我們應該出去走走!
Tina: Let’s go to the zoo. I want to see lions yawning under the sun.
蒂娜:我們去動物園吧。我想看獅子在陽光下打哈欠。
yawn(v.)打哈欠
Kent: Good idea! I want to see koalas napping together.
肯特:好主意!我想看無尾熊一起打盹。
nap(v.)睡午覺
Tina: Do you know that the Taipei Zoo is actually planning to double its entrance fee for non-Taipei residents?
蒂娜:你知道台北動物園打算提高非台北居民的入園費一倍嗎?
resident(n.)居民
Kent: So, the price will be NT$120 for adults.
肯特:所以成人是新台幣120 元。
adult(n.)大人
Tina: Yes. Do you think that’s a good idea?
蒂娜:沒錯。你認為這是個好主意嗎?
Kent: Well, if the hike means that the animals will have a nicer home, then why not?
肯特:嗯,如果提高價格意味著動物們會有一個更棒的家,那為什麼不呢?
hike(n.)提升animal(n.)動物
Tina: You have a point. I am with you.
蒂娜:你說得有道理。我跟你想的一樣。
Kent: When will this be put into effect?
肯特:會什麼時候實施?
put into effect生效
Tina: The City Council still needs to vote on this. Maybe in March or April if everything goes its way.
蒂娜:市議會需要對這個提案進行投票。如果一切順利,也許三月或四月吧。
city council市議會vote on sth.針對某事情投票go its way如期順利進行