
雙北市長面交成功
Rita and Ivan are at the supermarket.
麗塔跟艾文在超市裡。
Rita: Hey, do you see the New Taipei City certified garbage bags?
麗塔:嘿,你有看到新北專用垃圾袋嗎?
certified(adj.)獲得資格的garbage(n.)垃圾
Ivan: I think we have to ask the cashier to give us one.
艾文:我想我們要請店員拿。
ask(v.)要求cashier(n.)收銀員
Rita: I’m hoping these bags will be cheaper.
麗塔:我真希望垃圾袋便宜一點。
Ivan: They are. In the news this morning, the mayor said that they’re lowering the price of the new certified garbage bags.
艾文:會的,早上的新聞提到,市長說專用垃圾袋會降價。
lower(v.)降低price(n.)價格certified(adj.)獲得資格的garbage(n.)垃圾
Rita: That’s great! It’ll help us save some money every month.
麗塔:太好了!這樣我們每個月可以省一點錢。
save(v.)省下
Ivan: Also, the new rule is: any garbage bag certified by either Taipei City or New Taipei City are now allowed to be used in both cities.
艾文:而且,新的規定是:以後台北跟新北的垃圾袋可以通用了。
rule(n.)規定garbage(n.)垃圾allow(v.)允許use(v.)使用
Rita: At last! You know, they wouldn’t take my garbage the other day because I had the wrong bag.
麗塔:終於!前幾天我用錯垃圾袋,他們不讓我倒垃圾。
at last=finally最後garbage(n.)垃圾the other day前幾天
Ivan: Well, now things will be a lot more convenient with the new rules in place.
艾文:對啊,等新規定上路之後就會更方便了。
convenient(adj.)方便的rule(n.)規則in place準備好的、就緒的
Rita: And don’t forget that it’s your turn to take out the garbage today.
麗塔:還有,別忘了今天輪到你倒垃圾。
forget(v.)忘記one’s turn輪到某人,take turns輪流take out the garbage倒垃圾,garbage truck垃圾車