
日租金不超過39元
Carol and Pete are going to Tamsui for the afternoon. They are on the MRT.
卡洛和皮特打算下午前往淡水。他們正在捷運上。
take the MRT搭捷運easycard(n.)悠遊卡balance(n.)餘額top up加值
Carol: Pete, look at the clouds! It looks like it might rain soon.
卡洛:皮特,看看那些雲!好像快下雨了。
looks like表達推測、像might(aux.)可能
Pete: Oh! The sky does look pretty dark. Did you bring an umbrella?
皮特:喔!天空看起來很暗。你帶傘了嗎?
pretty(adv.)相當地quite(adv.)相當地dark(adj.)暗的
Carol: No, I didn’t! I totally forgot mine at home.
卡洛:沒有,我忘記把我的傘帶出門了。
totally(adv.)相當地completely(adv.)相當地forget(v.)忘記
Pete: No worries! We can probably rent some using the raingo app.
皮特:別擔心!我們可以使用raingo應用程式租借傘。
No worries別擔心probably(adv.)可能地possibly(adv.)可能地application(n.)應用程式=app
Carol: What is that? I’ve never heard of it.
卡洛:那是什麼?我從來沒聽過。
hear of 聽說
Pete: It’s a new umbrella rental service that they have at 117 Taipei Metro stations. You just have to download the raingo app, and then you can rent an umbrella when you need one.
皮特:它是在台北捷運117個車站提供的新雨傘租借服務。你只需要下載raingo應用程式,就可以在需要時租借傘。
download(v.)下載and then然後
Carol: That sounds like a great service! Is it expensive?
卡洛:聽起來像是個很不錯的服務!費用貴嗎?
costly(adj.)昂貴的
Pete: Well, the first hour is NT$19, but the price for 24 hours won’t be more than NT$39.
皮特:嗯,第一個小時是新台幣19元,但24小時的價格不會超過新台幣39元。
Carol: That’s pretty cheap. I’ll download the app right now.
卡洛:那挺便宜的。我現在就下載這個應用程式。
reasonable(adj.)價錢划算的right now立刻=at once=immediately=promptly
Pete: Good idea. Then we’ll be sure to have umbrellas later. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
皮特:好主意。這樣我們晚一點就有傘了。有備無患。
be sure to VR確保有~It’s better to be safe than sorry有備無患