
減少接觸風險
Sabrina and Peter are at an MRT station in Taipei.
莎賓娜和彼得在台北的一處捷運站。
Sabrina: Did you get your ticket?
莎賓娜:你買好票了嗎?
Peter: Yes. But look! The machine gave me a paper ticket with a QR code.
彼得:有啊。但你看!機器給了我一張印有QR code的紙本票券。
with(prep.)帶著~、用~方式
Sabrina: Where is the blue plastic token? I like the tokens!
莎賓娜:藍色的塑膠代幣在哪裡?我喜歡那種代幣!
plastic(adj.)塑膠的token(n.)代幣
Peter: The Taipei MRT started using paper today. They want to stop using the blue tokens.
彼得:台北捷運從今天開始使用紙本票了。他們想要停止使用藍色代幣。
stop V-ing停止做~、戒掉~stop to VR停下來去做另一件事
Sabrina: Why? Is it because paper is safer and cleaner?
莎賓娜:為什麼?是因為紙張比較安全而且乾淨嗎?
Peter: Yes. You don’t have to touch a token that thousands of people touched.
彼得:是的。你不需要去碰觸那種幾千人都摸過的代幣。
thousands of+可數N.數以千計的~
Sabrina: I see. But is it eco-friendly? This is thermal paper.
莎賓娜:我明白了。但這環保嗎?這是感熱紙耶。
eco-friendly(adj.)環保的eco-system(n.)生態系統/eco-tourism(n.)生態旅遊thermal energy熱能/thermal clothes 保暖衣物
Peter: That is the problem. Many people say it creates more trash because you can’t recycle it.
彼得:這就是問題所在。很多人說這會製造更多垃圾,因為它不能回收。
recycle(v.)回收3R 原則:Reduce減量使用,Reuse重複使用,Recycle回收利用
Sabrina: That’s also true. What about just washing the tokens?
莎賓娜:也是。那洗代幣怎麼樣?
What about...?那⋯⋯呢?⋯⋯怎麼樣?
Peter: But the company says washing the tokens uses a lot of water and electricity.
彼得:但捷運公司說清洗代幣會消耗很多水和電力。
electric(adj.)由電力驅動的electric car電動車/electric wires電線electronic(adj.)電子(學)的/electronic dictionary電子字典electrical(adj.)與電力系統有關的/electrical engineering電機工程
Sabrina: It’s a difficult choice! I hope people don’t throw the paper on the floor.
莎賓娜:這真是個困難的選擇!我希望大家不要把紙亂丟在地上。
Peter: Me too. Let’s go! I guess I’ll just need to scan my QR code at the gate.
彼得:我也是。我們走吧!我猜我只要在閘門掃描QR code就行了。
scan(v.)掃描