
台北排名第8
Liam and Charlotte are foreign students studying in Taiwan. They are chatting.
利亞姆和夏洛特是在台灣讀書的外國學生。他們在聊天。
foreign student外國學生foreigner(n.)外國人
Liam: Hey Charlotte, did you hear about the news on the Taipei Metro? It’s been ranked eighth among the 50 public transportation systems in the world by Time Out, a British culture magazine.
利亞姆:嘿,夏洛特,你聽說台北捷運的新聞了嗎?北捷被英國文化雜誌《Time Out》評選為全球50個大眾交通系統中的第八名。
Charlotte: Really? That’s great! It beat other international cities like Shanghai and Amsterdam?
夏洛特:真的嗎?那太棒了!它擊敗了其他國際城市,像上海和阿姆斯特丹?
beat(v.)(beat-beat-beaten)戰勝、打敗
Liam: Yes. It received praise for being always on time, and the trains are clean and comfortable.
利亞姆:是的。北捷因為準時,而且車廂很乾淨且舒服而受到稱讚。
praise(n.)(v.)讚揚、表揚receive praise for…=be praised for…on time準時in time及時
Charlotte: I agree! And they have English announcements and signs that make it easier for foreigners like us to take the MRT.
夏洛特:我也這麼認為!而且他們有英文廣播和標誌,像我們這樣的外國人搭捷運就很方便。
announcement(n.)公布、廣播make it easier for sb. to do sth.使某人做某事時更輕鬆
Liam: Yes, and the stations are well-organized, so it’s easy to get around.
利亞姆:是啊,而且車站也規劃得很好,所以來去自如。
organize(v.)組織、安排、籌劃organized(adj.)井然有序的、有條理的
Charlotte: It also feels safe to ride the Taipei Metro. I don’t worry about my personal belongings.
夏洛特:搭乘北捷也感覺很安全。我不必擔心我的個人物品會被偷。
belongings(n.)擁有物belong(v.)應在belong to屬於、歸某人所有
Liam: That’s true, and it’s affordable too. Compared to other cities where I’ve ridden metros, the ticket prices are so low.
利亞姆:沒錯,而且價格還很實惠。與我搭過捷運的其他城市相比,票價真的很低。
afford(v.)負擔、買得起affordable(adj.)負擔得起的compared to相較於
Charlotte: No wonder it’s so popular.
夏洛特:難怪它那麼受歡迎。
no wonder怪不得、難怪
Liam: I’m proud to be a regular user of such a great public transportation system.
利亞姆:我很自豪能成為如此出色的大眾運輸系統的常客。
regular(adj.)頻繁的、經常發生的、有規律的
Charlotte: Me too! It definitely makes our lives as foreign students in Taiwan much easier.
夏洛特:我也是!它無疑讓我們這些在台灣的外國學生生活便利許多。
make sth. Adj.使某事變得~