
美食和美麗燈籠
Zack and Laura are colleagues. They are talking about the Taipei Lantern Festival.
柴克跟蘿拉是同事,他們在談論台北燈會的事。
talk about + N 談論……現在進行式:be+V-ing
Zack: I saw the Instagram photos you posted last night. The lanterns look just amazing. Did you have fun?
柴克:我昨晚看到你po在IG的照片,那些燈籠真美,你玩得開心嗎?
post (v.)張貼 (n.)貼文amazing (adj.)很棒的,美妙的
Laura: I did. It was a lot of fun. The best part is that I also got to enjoy the delicious snacks in Shilin Night Market.
蘿拉:我玩得很開心,最棒的是,我還在士林夜市嚐到美味的小吃。
snack (n.)小吃,零食;local snacks當地小吃snake (n.)蛇
Zack: Right. The festival is held in the Shilin District this year. What a great combination: tasty food and wonderful views.
柴克:也是,燈會今年辦在士林區,這真是很棒的組合:美味的食物和美麗的風景。
hold-held-held (v.)舉行district (n.)區combination (n.)組合tasty (adj.)美味的=delicious
Laura: You can say that again. Although it was a long walk from Shilin to Zhishan, the food and beautiful lanterns certainly made it worthwhile.
蘿拉:你說的一點也沒錯!雖然從士林走到芝山距離很長,但能嚐到美食和欣賞美麗的燈籠就值得了。
You can say that again. 你說得對。worthwhile (adj.)值得的
Zack: Were there a lot of people?
柴克:那裡很多人嗎?
Laura: Yes, I haven’t seen a crowd like that in the Shilin night market since the pandemic.
蘿拉:很多啊,從疫情開始後,我就沒見過士林夜市有這麼多人過了。
現在完成式:have+ p.p.crowd (n.)群眾,人群
Zack: It feels like life is getting back to normal, doesn’t it?
柴克:聽起來生活要開始恢復正常了,不是嗎?
normal (adj.)正常的;abnormal (adj.)不正常的
Laura: It sure does, but everyone still wore a mask and used hand sanitizer at the festival. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
蘿拉:是沒錯,但在燈會大家還是都有戴口罩和使用乾洗手,還是小心點比較好。
hand sanitizer 乾洗手;sanitize (v.)消毒It’s better to be safe than sorry. 防範於未然
Zack: Sounds like you had a great time.
柴克:聽起來你度過了很棒的時光。
have a great time =have a blast 度過很快樂的時光, 玩得很開心
Laura: You should take your kids there. I’m sure they will love it.
蘿拉:你應該帶你的孩子們去,他們一定會喜歡那裡的。