
不需尖峰時刻騎車
Ian and Owen are colleagues. They both live in Taichung.
伊恩和歐文是同事。他們倆都住在台中。
Ian: I’ve got some great news for you!
伊恩:我有個好消息!
Owen: What is it? We get extra year-end bonuses this year?
歐文:什麼?我們今年會有額外的年終獎金嗎?
year-end bonus年終獎金
Ian: No, it’s not like that. The Taichung Metro is finally open for a trial run!
伊恩:不,不是那個。台中捷運終於開放試乘了!
Owen: Oh! We’ve been waiting for years!
歐文:哦!我們已經等了好幾年了!
for years好多年
Ian: Starting from November 16, trains will operate from 7 o’clock in the morning to 8 in the evening.
伊恩:從11月16日開始,從早上7點到晚上8點都有列車營運。
operate(v.)運行
Owen: I don’t need to come to work by scooter anymore.
歐文:我再也不需要騎機車上班了。
scooter(n.)機車
Ian: Yes! I know you hate the traffic during peak hours.
伊恩:沒錯!我知道你超討厭在尖峰時刻騎車。
traffic(n.)交通流量peak hours=rush hours尖峰時刻
Owen: I hate the fumes from cars even more. When is the formal opening then?
歐文:我更討厭汽車廢氣。那什麼時候會正式營運呢?
fume(n.)廢氣、煙霧=exhausteven more甚至更多formal(adj.)正式的、informal(adj.)非正式的
Ian: On December 19. There’s finally a metro line in Taichung!
伊恩:12月19日,台中終於有捷運線了!
line(n.)線條、隊伍、路線