
飆高的血壓
Maggie and Jack are colleagues. They both just arrived at the office.
瑪姬和傑克是同事。兩人都剛到辦公室。
Maggie: This wind is biting cold. Let’s just get inside as soon as possible.
瑪姬:真是寒風刺骨。我們快進去室內吧。
biting cold刺骨的冷
Jack: You know, the temperature difference is the real killer. It’s the one you should watch out for.
傑克:你知道溫差才是真正可怕的殺手嗎?你應該多多注意。
temperature difference溫差watch out小心注意
Maggie: How come?
瑪姬:怎麼會?
Jack: Large swings in temperature may make our veins smaller too quickly. Then the blood pressure may get too high. Hearts will be racing.
傑克:溫度大幅變化可能會讓血管迅速變小,這樣血壓就會升高、心跳會加速。
vein(n.)靜脈、血管blood pressure血壓race(v.)加快速度
Maggie: I guess these signs all lead to having heart attacks.
瑪姬:我猜這些現象都會導致心臟病發作。
lead to導致
Jack: You’re right. So, on cold days like this, you should be extra careful when showering and going to hot springs.
傑克:你說得對。所以在這種寒冷的日子,洗澡和泡溫泉都要格外小心。
careful(adj.)小心的hot spring溫泉
Maggie: Drinking warm water from time to time is also important.
瑪姬:時常喝溫水也很重要。
from time to time偶爾
Jack: Yes. Also, it’s good to stay in bed for a couple of minutes to warm up a bit after waking up. Don’t get out of bed right away.
傑克:沒錯。醒來後最好在床上賴幾分鐘暖暖身。不要馬上起床。
warm up暖身
Maggie: I think we both did the same this morning.
瑪姬:我想我們今天早上都做了一樣的事情。
Jack: Haha, yes. We’d better clock in now.
傑克:哈哈,對呢。我們現在最好快點去打卡。