
快去買樂透
Jamie and Anna are a couple. They are chatting.
傑米和安娜是一對情侶。他們在聊天。
Jamie: We should go buy some Super Lotto tickets!
傑米:我們應該去買些威力彩!
ticket(n.)票券、lottery ticket樂透彩券
Anna: Where did that come from? You don’t usually buy lottery tickets.
安娜:怎麼突然?你平常不太買樂透的。
Jamie: Just a thought. I have a hunch.
傑米:只是一個想法。我有預感。
thought(n.)想法hunch(n.)預感
Anna: Do you think you might hit the jackpot?
安娜:你有預感可能會中頭獎?
hit the jackpot中頭獎、jackpot money頭獎
Jamie: Yes, also the Super Lotto was skunked again. It’s the fortieth time in a row.
傑米:沒錯,而且威力彩又摃龜了,這是連續第四十次。
skunk(v., n.)摃龜、臭鼬the fortieth time第四十次in a row連續
Anna: How much is the jackpot money?
安娜:累積獎金多少?
Jamie: NT$1.2 billion.
傑米:12億新台幣。
Anna: Now you’re talking. Do you have some numbers that you want to bet on?
安娜:這才對嘛。你有想好要投注哪些數字嗎?
Now you′re talking.這才像話bet(v.)賭注、投注
Jamie: Yes. I told you I’m very confident this time.
傑米:當然。我告訴過你這次我很有信心嘛。
confident(adj.)有信心
Anna: Well, let’s head to the betting station right away.
安娜:好,讓我們馬上去投注站報到。
head to somewhere前去某處betting station投注站