
真不敢想像
Nicky and Gina are chatting.
尼奇和吉娜在聊天。
Nicky: The news said that there were three different people drowning in New Taipei, Yilan and Hualien on the same day.
尼奇:新聞上說,一天之內有3人發生溺斃事件,分別在新北、宜蘭跟花蓮。
drown(v.)淹死、溺死
Gina: That’s shocking.
吉娜:太嚇人了。
shocking(adj.)令人震驚的
Nicky: I think we can’t let Kiki go to Fulong Beach this weekend. One of the accidents happened there.
尼奇:我覺得不能讓淇淇去福隆海灘了,剛剛提到的其中一件意外就是在那。
accident(n.)意外happen(v.)發生
Gina: I know. A man took his two kids there, but later he was found drowned.
吉娜:我知道,一名男子帶他的兩個小孩去玩,結果後來那位男子被發現溺死。
find(v.)發現drown(v.)淹死、溺死
Nicky: I can’t imagine if anything terrible happened to my daughter. Maybe you can convince her not to go to the beach.
尼奇:我真不敢想像,如果有任何可怕的事情發生在我們女兒身上,也許你可以說服她別去海邊了。
imagine(v.)想像terrible(adj.)糟糕的、可怕的happen(某人事物)發生事情convince(v.)說服
Gina: Calm down. The news said that it was seemingly because of his bad health condition.
吉娜:冷靜點,新聞上說,那名男子會溺水好像是因為他的身體不適。
calm down冷靜seemingly(adv.)看來、似乎是health(n.)健康condition(n.)狀況
Nicky: (Reading newspaper) On the same day in Yilan, a fishing worker accidentally drowned at ShenAo Harbor.
尼奇:(讀著報紙)同一天在宜蘭,有位漁工意外在深澳港溺水。
accidentally(adv.)意外地 drowned at ShenAo Harbor.
Gina: Don’t be so anxious. Kiki promised me that she won’t go anywhere or places without lifeguards or in the sea alone.
吉娜:別那麼焦慮,淇淇有保證她不會去沒有救生員的地方,也不會自己下海。
anxious(adj.)焦慮不安的promise(v.)承諾、保證lifeguard(n.)救生員alone(adv.)獨自地
Nicky: Alright. She can go. But I will follow her secretly to keep her safe.
尼奇:好吧,她去吧。但我要偷偷跟著她確保她的安全。
follow(v.)跟著secretly(adv.)秘密地keep(v.)使⋯⋯保持某種狀態