
最近變冷了
Sabrina and Simon are talking about the seasons.
莎賓娜和賽門在討論季節。
season(n.)季節、影集的季、seasonal(adj.)季節的
Simon: It’s getting cold lately.
賽門:最近變冷了。
lately(adv.)最近
Sabrina: Finally. I am waiting for autumn to arrive.
莎賓娜:終於,我等秋天的到來很久了。
wait for(v.)等待autumn(n.)秋天=fallarrive(v.)到達
Simon: Don’t you like summer?
賽門:你不喜歡夏天嗎?
否定疑問句
Sabrina: No, I hate it with all my heart.
莎賓娜:我真的全心全意地討厭夏天。
hate(v.)討厭with all my heart=completely全心全意、完全地
Simon: Why? You can only enjoy ice cream and play at the beach in summer.
賽門:為什麼?你只有在夏天能夠享受冰淇淋和在海灘上玩耍。
enjoy(v.)享受ice cream(n.)冰淇淋beach(n.)海灘
Sabrina: You need to have a summer body first to enjoy those things.
莎賓娜:你會先需要有一副好身材才能享受。
summer body夏日身材
Simon: That’s true, but summer is the season of energy, unlike autumn.
賽門:這倒是,但是夏天可是活力的季節,哪像秋天?
energy(n.)活力、energetic(adj.)有活力的unlike(prep.)不像
Sabrina: What’s wrong with autumn?
莎賓娜:秋天怎麼了?
What′s wrong with sth.? 什麼有什麼問題、怎麼了
Simon: Everything starts to look so sad and dead. The worst part is the weather. It’s always cloudy.
賽門:所有事物都開始看起來都很憂傷、死氣沉沉。天氣尤其是最糟的部份,永遠都是陰天。
start to+RV開始sad(adj.)憂傷dead(adj.)死去的、死氣沉沉的bad-worse-worst(adj.)壞的、注意theweather(n.)天氣cloudy(adj.)陰天、cloud(n.)雲
Sabrina: Well, I think autumn has its own beauty. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the maple leaves.
莎賓娜:我倒覺得秋天有自己的美。而且秋天是賞楓最好的季節。
own(deter.)自己的beauty(n.)美麗、beautiful(adj.)美麗的、Beauty and the Beast美女與野獸perfect(adj.)完美的maple leaves楓葉、leaf(n.)葉子