
超掃興!
Diane and Sean are a couple. They are having a conversation.
黛安和肖恩是一對夫妻。他們正在對話。
Sean: Hey, Diane! I just heard something crazy about a trip to Croatia.
肖恩:嘿,黛安!我剛聽說一個關於克羅埃西亞旅行的超扯消息。
Diane: Really? What happened?
黛安:真的嗎?發生了什麼事?
Sean: A group of 27 travelers got stuck in the old city because their travel agency didn’t pay for their trip.
肖恩:有一個27人的旅行團被困在古城區,因為他們的旅行社沒有支付費用。
agency(n.)代理機構package tour套裝行程self-guided tour自助旅行
Diane: That sounds awful! How did they manage to get out?
黛安:聽起來真糟糕!他們是怎麼脫身的?
manage to VR努力、設法做到某事
Sean: I read that a doctor ended up paying over 50,000 euros for them. That’s a huge amount!
肖恩:我讀到有位醫生幫他們墊付了超過50,000歐元。那可真是一筆大錢!
end up V-ing以~作為結束amount(n.)量、總數(修飾不可數名詞)a great amount of…大量的~
Diane: Wow, I can’t believe the travel agency didn’t pay on time.
黛安:哇,我真不敢相信旅行社竟然沒按時支付費用。
Sean: I know, right? It’s so unfair that they had to pay again to get home.
肖恩:對啊,可不是嗎?他們還得再付錢才能回家,真是太不公平了。
unfair(adj.)不公平的
Diane: They must have been so nervous.
黛安:他們當時一定很緊張。
must have V-p.p.當時一定~nervous(adj.)緊張的
Sean: I hope they’re okay now.
肖恩:希望他們現在都沒事。
Diane: Next time, let’s pick a reliable travel agency.
黛安:下次我們要選一家可靠的旅行社。
reliable(adj.)可靠的、值得信賴的
Sean: Definitely! I want our trip to be safe and worry-free.
肖恩:肯定要!我希望我們的旅行能夠安全且無憂無慮。
safe(adj.)安全的worry-free(adj.)無憂無慮的stress-free(adj.)無壓力的