
驚喜的蘇格蘭早晨
Kent and Liam are roommates. Kent is checking his bank account online.
肯特和里安是室友。肯特在線上檢查他的銀行帳戶。
bank account銀行帳戶、joint account共同帳戶
Liam: Why do you keep checking your bank account? Is someone going to transfer money to you?
里安:為什麼要一直查看銀行帳戶啊?有人要匯錢給你嗎?
transfer(v.)轉匯、轉學、轉車
Kent: No, it’s not like that.
肯特:不,不是那樣啦。
Liam: What is it then?
里安:那是為什麼?
Kent: I’m dreaming of winning the bonds jackpot.
肯特:我夢想要贏得債券大抽獎啊。
dream of sth.夢想著jackpot(n.)頭獎、hit the jackpot中大獎
Liam: Oh! Who was the lucky one last time?
里安:上一期誰是幸運兒啊?
Kent: A woman from Scotland. She found an extra one million pounds in her bank account one morning. After checking with the bank, she found out that she won the bonds lottery.
肯特:一個來自蘇格蘭的婦人。有一天早上她在銀行帳戶中發現多了一百萬英鎊,跟銀行對過後,發現她就是贏得債券彩券的人。
pound(n.)英鎊
Liam: She was so lucky, but don’t you have to buy bonds first to be qualified for the lottery draw?
里安:她好幸運,但是不是要先購買債券才能獲得抽獎資格嗎?
qualify(v.)取得資格draw(n.)抽獎、(v.)抽籤
Kent: Yeah. She spent around 50,000 pounds on bonds back in 2018.
肯特:沒錯。她在2018年花了大約五萬英鎊買債券。
spend money on sth.花錢在什麼東西上面
Liam: That is a lot of money! I think you missed the mark here. She was a millionaire all along.
里安:很多錢欸!我想你弄錯重點了,她一直都是百萬富翁啊。
miss the mark弄錯重點millionaire(n.)百萬富翁all along一直都是
Kent: You’re probably right, but I’ll keep checking my account, though.
肯特:你可能是對的喔,不過我不會放棄一直查看帳戶的。
probably(adv.)可能though(adv.)不過、但是、放句尾