
別把自己逼太緊
Jenny and Sam are roommates. Sam just came back from vacation.
珍妮跟山姆是室友,山姆剛度假回來。
roommate(n.)室友vacation(n.)假期
Sam: Hi! I’m home. Oh... Look at you. What happened?
山姆:嗨!我回來了。喔⋯⋯你看看你,怎麼啦?
Jenny: What do you mean?
珍妮:什麼怎麼啦?
Sam: Dark circles, pimples and greasy hair. You need to take a shower and rest now.
山姆:黑眼圈、痘痘還有油膩的頭髮。你需要馬上去洗澡休息。
dark circle黑眼圈pimple(n.)痘痘greasy(adj.)油膩的hair(n.)頭髮take a shower沖澡rest(v.)休息
Jenny: Sorry. I have been working on a new project for a week. It makes me stressed out. I can’t sleep well.
珍妮:抱歉,我這週都在忙一個專案,實在壓力好大,都沒辦法好好睡覺。
work on努力project(n.)專案stress(n.)壓力
Sam: You can’t do this anymore. I read an article the other day. It said that stress can actually kill your brain cells.
山姆:妳不能再這樣了,我前幾天讀了一篇文章,裡頭提到,壓力真的會殺死你的腦細胞。
the other day前幾天stress(n.)壓力kill(v.)殺死brain(n.)腦cell(n.)細胞
Jenny: What? No way.
珍妮:什麼啊?不會吧。
Sam: A little pressure can help us move forward, but too much of it can cause immune system disorder and depression.
山姆:一點點壓力可以幫助我們前進,但是太多壓力會導致免疫系統失調及憂鬱症。
pressure(n.)壓力move forward前進cause(v.)導致immune system免疫系統disorder(n.)失調depression(n.)憂鬱症
Jenny: I see. Thank you so much. I’ll keep that in mind.
珍妮:我懂了,真謝謝你,我會記住的。
keep sth in mind記住某事
Sam: Remember, don’t push yourself too hard.
山姆:記得,別把自己逼得太緊。
remember(v.)記得push(v.)推hard(adj.)辛苦的