
無寵物晶片可尋
Anna and Judy are having lunch at their company’s cafeteria.
安娜和茱蒂在員工餐廳吃午餐。
cafeteria(n.)自助餐廳
Judy: Anna, what’s wrong with you? You look so upset.
茱蒂:安娜,你怎麼了?你看起來不太開心。
upset(adj.)難過、生氣的
Anna: I found a few dents on my car last weekend.
安娜:我上週在我車上發現一些凹痕。
dent(n.)凹痕
Judy: What? Who did that to your car?
茱蒂:什麼?是誰這樣做?
Anna: Well, I reported to the police, and it turned out that it was a bunch of dogs that dented my car.
安娜:我向警方舉報這件事,結果我的車是被一些狗咬了。
report to the police向警方舉報it turned out that結果是a bunch of 一群a pack of dogs一群狗
Judy: Wow, that was unexpected.
茱蒂:哇,那真是出人意料之外。
unexpected(adj.)意想不到的expect(v.)預計、期望
Anna: They seemed to be stray dogs because the police were unable to find them using the pet microchips.
安娜:他們好像是流浪狗,因為警察沒辦法用寵物晶片找到他們。
S seems to be=it seems that S V...某人似乎be unable to=can’t無法pet microchip寵物晶片
Judy: In that case, I think you’ll have to take it lying down.
茱蒂:如果是這樣的話,那我想你只好自認倒楣了。
in that case=if that’s the case如果是這樣的話take it lying down自認倒楣
Anna: But I refused to! I reported the case to the city’s animal protection office.
安娜:但是我才不要!我把這個事情通報給動保處了。
refuse(v.)拒絕animal protection office動物保護處
Judy: You really can’t let go of it, can you?
茱蒂:你還真是無法放下這件事啊,對嗎?
let go of N.放下、不再去想
Anna: Of course not. I want the authorities to take care of the problems of stray dogs!
安娜:當然沒辦法!有關單位應該要處理好流浪狗的問題!
the authorities有關當局take care of=deal with處理
Judy: Um..that makes sense. But unfortunately you can’t get paid when you get your car fixed.
茱蒂:嗯,這也算有道理啦,但不幸的是,車子送修的時候你可沒法拿到賠償。
that makes sense有道理=that’s reasonableunfortunately(adv.)=unluckily不幸的是get N. V-pp
Anna: That’s true. I hope I’ll have better luck next time.
安娜:這倒是真的,希望下次我的運氣會好點。
That’s true=You’re right.你說的沒錯luck(n.)好運