
零用錢都拿去買韓星小卡?
Eric and his classmate Wendy are taking their lunch break. Wendy is looking at her new photo cards of a Korean idol group.
艾瑞克和他的同學溫蒂正在午休。溫蒂正看著她新買的韓國偶像小卡。
take a break休息一下rest for a while休息一會idol(n.)偶像、雕像
Eric: Wendy, it’s lunch time. Where is your lunch box? Why are you not eating?
艾瑞克:溫蒂,午餐時間到了。你的便當盒呢?你怎麼不吃東西?
packed lunch便當、自備午餐skip lunch不吃午餐
Wendy: Well, I don’t have school lunch this week. I have no money.
溫蒂:嗯,我這禮拜沒有訂學校的午餐。我沒有錢了。
not…any沒有任何I’m short on money.我手頭有點緊
Eric: No money? But your parents gave you your pocket money on Monday!
艾瑞克:沒有錢?但你爸媽週一才給你零用錢耶!
get pocket money拿零用錢
Wendy: (Shows her photo cards) Look! I spent all my pocket money on these Korean idol photo cards yesterday. They are so beautiful!
溫蒂:(秀出她的小卡)你看!我昨天把所有的零用錢都拿去買這些韓國偶像小卡了。他們超漂亮的!
spend(v.)花(過去式:spent)
Eric: Wendy, you need to eat lunch! You cannot save money on food. Please think twice before you buy things next time.
艾瑞克:溫蒂,你必須吃午餐啦!你不能省飯錢。下次買東西前請三思。
save(v.)存(錢)、節省think twice三思、認真考慮
Wendy: I know. My stomach is making noises now. I am so hungry, but I can only look at my idols.
溫蒂:我知道。我的肚子現在一直在叫。我好餓,但我只能看著我的偶像。
empty stomach空腹upset stomach腸胃不適
Eric: (Sighs and opens his lunch box) Okay, I’ll share my lunch with you. I have a lot of rice and big pieces of chicken today.
艾瑞克:(嘆氣並打開他的便當盒)好吧,我把我的午餐分給你。我今天有好多飯和大塊的雞肉。
share...with...和某人分享某物pieces of+N.一片片/一塊塊的~
Wendy: Really? Are you sure? That is so nice of you!
溫蒂:真的嗎?你確定嗎?你人也太好了吧!
Eric: Yes, but you must promise me one thing.
艾瑞克:對啊,但你必須答應我一件事。
promise to VR承諾要做某事make a promise做承諾break a promise違背承諾
Wendy: What is it?
溫蒂:什麼事?
Eric: Eat your lunch first, and buy your idol photo cards later!
艾瑞克:先吃午餐,以後再買偶像小卡!
later(adv.)稍後、待會、以後
Wendy: Haha, deal! Thank you, Eric. You are my real idol now!
溫蒂:哈哈,好啊!謝謝你,艾瑞克。你現在是我真正的偶像了!
Deal!一言為定!(口語)