
別再瞎忙
Alice is drinking coffee at her office pantry during lunch break. She sees her colleague Kevin sighing while scrolling through his phone.
愛麗絲在午休時間於辦公室茶水間喝咖啡。她看見同事凱文一邊滑手機一邊嘆氣。
sigh(v.)嘆氣scroll through在螢幕上滑動、翻看
Alice: Hey Kevin! You look tired. Is everything okay?
愛麗絲:嘿凱文!你看起來很累。還好嗎?
Kevin: Not really. I have five things to do this afternoon. I feel so stressed!
凱文:不太好。我今天下午有五件事要做,壓力好大!
stressed(adj.)有壓力的、壓力大的under stress/pressure處於壓力下be stressed out壓力爆棚
Alice: Five things? That’s too many for one afternoon. You need to prioritize.
愛麗絲:五件事?這樣一個下午要做的事太多了。你需要排優先順序。
prioritize(v.)排優先順序give sth. priority把某事放在優先考慮的位置
Kevin: But my boss wants everything finished now!
凱文:但我老闆現在就要全部完成!
Alice: If you hurry, you will make mistakes. Trust me, pick the most important thing and finish it first.
愛麗絲:如果你太急會犯錯。相信我,選最重要的那件事先做完。
make mistakes犯錯
Kevin: You’re right. Last week I rushed and sent an email with a huge typo. It was embarrassing.
凱文:你說得對。上禮拜我太趕,寄了一封有嚴重錯字的信,超尷尬。
typo(n.)打字錯誤embarrassing(adj.)令人尷尬的
Alice: Exactly. Quality is better than quantity. Just pick the most important task and do it right.
愛麗絲:沒錯。重質不重量。選最重要的那件事,把它做好。
Quality is better than quantity.重質不重量
Kevin: You’re right. Doing one thing perfectly is better than doing five things badly.
凱文:你說得對。完美做好一件事,比把五件事都搞砸要好。
mess up搞砸
Alice: Right. Focus on the London report first. And use AI to check your spelling so you don’t miss anything.
愛麗絲:沒錯。你先專心做倫敦的報告。記得用AI檢查拼字,才不會漏掉任何細節。
focus on專注於=stay focused on
Kevin: Good idea. I’ll do that now. Thank you, Alice!
凱文:好主意。我現在就去處理。謝謝你,愛麗絲!