
忙到忘記澆水
Eric and Sandy are roommates. They are on the balcony.
艾瑞克和珊蒂是室友。他們正在陽台上。
balcony(n.)陽台;露台
Sandy: Why is the plant so dry? It’s dying.
珊蒂:這株植物怎麼這麼乾?它快死了。
動詞die-died-dieddead(adj.)死亡的
Eric: I think I forgot to water that one.
艾瑞克:我可能忘了幫它澆水。
water(v.)澆水
Sandy: I told you the soil needs to stay moist.
珊蒂:我告訴過你,土壤要保持濕潤。
soil(n.)土壤moisture(n.)水分
Eric: My bad. I was too busy.
艾瑞克:我的錯。我太忙了。
My bad=我的錯
Sandy: And why are these flowers here? They need to stay in the sun.
珊蒂:而這些花為什麼在這裡?它們需要待在陽光下。
stay in the sun=待在太陽下
Eric: I moved them away to put my new table in.
艾瑞克:我把它們移開好放我的新桌子。
Sandy: You don’t care about these plants at all!
珊蒂:你一點也不在乎這些植物!
at all=完全;徹底
Eric: Come on! Not everyone has a green thumb like you.
艾瑞克:拜託!又不是所有人都跟你一樣擅長園藝。
have a green thumb=擅長園藝的
Sandy: Watering plants is not hard.
珊蒂:澆水根本就不難。
動名詞Ving當主詞
Eric: It doesn’t matter. I will only buy fake plants from now on.
艾瑞克:無所謂。我從今以後就只買假盆栽了。
matter(v.)有關係;要緊