
真是太倒霉了
Shirley and Ken are roommates. Ken just got home.
雪莉和肯是室友。肯剛到家。
Shirley: What happened to your legs?
雪莉:你的腿怎麼了?
leg(n.)腳
Ken: I fell over in the stairwell.
肯:我在樓梯間摔倒了。
fall over跌倒stairwell樓梯間、stair一級樓梯 or stairs(n.)樓梯、take the stairs走樓梯
Shirley: How come?
雪莉:怎麼會?
Ken: I stepped on a banana peel and slipped.
肯:我踩到香蕉皮滑倒了。
slip(v.)滑倒
Shirley: Really! Haha!
雪莉:真的嗎!哈哈!
Ken: Hey, that’s very dangerous. Not funny. Who left a banana peel on the stairs?
肯:嘿,那太危險了,一點也不好笑。誰會在樓梯上丟香蕉皮?
dangerous(adj.)危險的leave-left(v.)遺留
Shirley: You are really down on your luck.
雪莉:你真是太倒霉了。
be down on your luck倒大楣、運氣不佳
Ken: I nearly rolled down the stairs.
肯:我差點從樓梯上滾下來。
roll down翻滾下來
Shirley: I’ll get you some bandages.
雪莉:我拿些繃帶給你。
bandage(n.)繃帶
Ken: No, bring me the whole first-aid kit.
肯:不,把整個急救箱都拿給我吧。
whole(adj.)整個的first-aid kit急救箱