
避免猝死
Alice and Stanley are friends. They are chatting.
愛麗絲和史坦利是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Alice: Hey Stanley, did you check the weather today? They said it’s going to be really cold.
愛麗絲:嘿,史坦利,你有看了今天的天氣嗎?他們說會很冷。
Stanley: Oh, really? I didn’t check. How cold are we talking?
史坦利:哦,真的嗎?我沒查。冷到什麼程度?
Alice: In some places, temperatures might drop below 10 degrees Celsius.
愛麗絲:在一些地方,溫度可能會降到攝氏10度以下。
drop(v.)下降、下滑、落下rise(v.)(n.)上升
Stanley: Wow, that’s freezing! We need to bundle up.
史坦利:哇,那真的太冷了!我們得包緊點。
freeze(v.)結凍freeze,froze,frozenfrozen(adj.)結凍的frozen food冷凍食品freezing(adj.)極冷的bundle up 包裹得暖暖的
Alice: Of course. And we shouldn’t get out of bed quickly when it’s cold in the morning. Some people have suddenly died because their body couldn’t stand the cold.
愛麗絲:當然。而且早上冷的時候,我們不應該馬上起床。最近有些人因為身體受不了寒冷而猝死。
get out of bed on the wrong side心情不好=get up on the wrong side of the bedsuddenly(adv.)突然間stand(v.)忍受
Stanley: Oh, what should we do instead?
史坦利:喔,那我們應該怎麼做呢?
instead(adv.)作為替代instead of而不是~
Alice: Well, we need to spend a little extra time in bed before getting up. It helps the body get used to the cold.
愛麗絲:嗯,我們需要在起床之前躺在床上久一點。這有助於身體適應寒冷。
get used to 習慣於~
Stanley: Got it. So, it’s cool to hit the snooze button a bit longer in the winter mornings?
史坦利:知道了。那麼,在冬天的早晨多按一會兒貪睡按鈕就可以了嗎?
snooze(n.)打盹兒、貪睡
Alice: Totally! It’s all about staying warm and cozy. Better safe than sorry, right?
愛麗絲:當然!這全都是為了保持溫暖和舒適。防範於未然,好過事後後悔,對吧?
safe(adj.)保險的、萬無一失的
Stanley: You’re absolutely right about it.
史坦利:你說得完全對。
absolutely(adv.)完全地=totally=completely