
球賽太精彩
Julian and his friend Kayla are in the classroom before a big exam. Julian looks very tired.
大考前,朱利安和他的朋友凱拉在教室裡。朱利安看起來非常累。
take/sit an exam參加考試fail an exam沒通過考試
Kayla: Good morning, Julian. Wow, you look so tired! What happened?
凱拉:早安,朱利安。哇,你看起來超累的!發生什麼事了?
tired(adj.)疲累的tired out累壞了be tired from...因為~而感到疲累
Julian: Hi, Kayla. I stayed up late last night. I watched the World Cup game.
朱利安:嗨,凱拉。我昨晚熬夜了。我看了世界盃比賽。
watch(v.)觀看、注意see(v.)無意間看到look at注視
Kayla: The World Cup? But we have a big exam today! Why didn’t you sleep?
凱拉:世界盃?但我們今天有大考耶!你為什麼不睡覺?
sleep in睡懶覺sleep through一覺到天亮
Julian: Because the game was so exciting! Brazil was playing against France. I couldn’t turn off the TV.
朱利安:因為比賽太刺激了嘛!巴西對上法國。我根本沒辦法關掉電視。
exciting(adj.)刺激的、精彩的play against+對手:和~對抗、競爭
Kayla: Julian, look around the classroom. Everyone is studying. You need to focus.
凱拉:朱利安,你看看教室四周。大家都在讀書。你需要專心。
focus(v.)專心、保持專注focus on sth.專注於~
Julian: I know, but my head hurts. I am too tired to read.
朱利安:我知道,但我頭好痛。我累到讀不下去了。
too…to…太~而無法~
Kayla: Please put football out of your mind. The exam is starting in twenty minutes!
凱拉:先把足球拋到腦後吧。考試二十分鐘後就要開始了!
put ... out of one’s mind把……拋到腦後
Julian: You’re right. The exam is more important than football. Can I borrow your notes?
朱利安:你說得對。考試比足球更重要。我可以借你的筆記嗎?
important(adj.)重要的borrow(v.)借、借入borrow sth. from sb.向某人借某物lend sth. to sb.借出某物給某人
Kayla: Sure. Here you go. Next time, go to bed early!
凱拉:當然可以,拿去吧。下一次,記得早點睡覺!
Here you go.給你
Julian: Thanks, Kayla. You are right. No more late-night football before exams.
朱利安:謝謝,凱拉。你說得對。考試前再也不熬夜看足球了。
no more不再有、沒有更多了