
請勿驚慌
George: Hey, what’s going on? Everything is shaking!
喬治:嘿,發生什麼事了?東西都在搖耶!
go on發生go on V-ing繼續做某件事shake(v.)搖晃、搖動
Mary: Oh no, it’s an earthquake! Let’s try to stay calm.
瑪麗:喔不,是地震!讓我們盡量保持冷靜。
calm(adj.)冷靜的
George: What do we do now?
喬治:現在該怎麼辦?
Mary: Let’s get under a table; it’s safer there.
瑪麗:讓我們躲到桌子下面,比較安全。
George: Got it. I’m under the table. Are you okay, Mary?
喬治:知道了。我躲在桌子下面了。瑪麗,你沒事吧?
Mary: Yes, I’m fine. Just stay where you are until the shaking stops.
瑪麗:是的,我沒事。你就待在那裡,直到搖晃停止。
until(conj.)直到
George: This is pretty scary.
喬治:這真的很可怕。
scary(adj.)駭人的、令人害怕的scared(adj.)感到害怕的be scared of害怕~
Mary: I know, but we’re safe here. Let’s wait until it’s over, and then we can leave the building.
瑪麗:是啊,但我們在這裡很安全。讓我們等它結束,然後我們就可以離開大樓了。
George: Thanks for helping me, Mary.
喬治:謝謝你幫我,瑪麗。
thank sb. for sth.因~而感謝對方
Mary: Don’t mention it. We’ll make it through this together.
瑪麗:別跟我見外了。我們會一起熬過去的。
Don’t mention it.別跟我見外make it through熬過、渡過